X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haters.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haters.

Hey everyone! The lady is still here, I've just been busy. Anyway, I was just wondering if you've all had any experience with "jag haters".. The other day I pulled into the parking lot of a doctor's office in the jag. I got out, checked in and sat down. Well, there was this guy sitting in the lobby and he asked me what year my jag was. Well, we were talking for a bit and then the smack came out.. He said the typical, Ya, Jaguar was good back in the day, but after Ford merged with them, blah, blah, blah... The funny thing was after the conversation, I later saw him driving off in a friggin' DODGE INTREPID!! Are you kidding me?? Hatin' the jag and driving an intrepid...
Have any of you guys had experience with crap like that??

Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Haters.

Not like that... but haters that toilet paper your car... some ******* did that crap last night.. and scratched my car!!! ohh wait till I find out who's *** did that crap... it's gonna be fun then...

-Paul

Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  4.7 KB

Lol...........Smidge......................your first eperience of " Jag envy?"
Get used to it babe............you'll get more...........hopefully thats all, there are some that take it further.

JC

Old 03-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Hey everyone! The lady is still here, I've just been busy. Anyway, I was just wondering if you've all had any experience with "jag haters".. The other day I pulled into the parking lot of a doctor's office in the jag. I got out, checked in and sat down. Well, there was this guy sitting in the lobby and he asked me what year my jag was. Well, we were talking for a bit and then the smack came out.. He said the typical, Ya, Jaguar was good back in the day, but after Ford merged with them, blah, blah, blah... The funny thing was after the conversation, I later saw him driving off in a friggin' DODGE INTREPID!! Are you kidding me?? Hatin' the jag and driving an intrepid...
Have any of you guys had experience with crap like that??
Yup!
Almost the same story here the great part for me was I seen the guy two weeks later his car broke (lincoln)!
Poor guy didnt look me in the face.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:03 AM

I know, it cracks me up every time. Another guy was talking crap about the jaguar/ford thing and I asked him what he drove.... He said a friggin' Ford Explorer!! I couldn't believe it AND to top it off, when I asked him where it was, he said the shop.. Yep, it was getting repairs done on it. Nice. Another guy was looking at the jag and said, "You know they have a low resale value..." Blah, blah, blah...

All these haters hatin' my little baby..... Whateva.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I get it all the time too. These haters dont know crap about the car and keep talkin sh*t. Once i was told "why did u pay $80000 for a ford?" I just looked at him and laughed. First he thought the car was 80000, and then had the nerve to call it a ford. It baffles me how so many people know nothing about jags in the US.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Double decker Sunday wow!
I guess I haven't been that lucky....no haters for me, or at least I don't call them haters, more like jelous....i had one guy, younger and was driving a dodge neon, asked me "how does it feel to drive an expensive ford".....without thinking i responded with, "feels good, how's it feel to drive a POS neon".....shut him up pretty quick. I then went to move my car to another parking spot.....lol

It's all good....I was very surprise that most of my neighbors and friends feel that i spent over 60K for the X type and think we have a "money tree" but the clowns don't know is that it probably cost the same as the ford taurus...not that i'm comparing them two, but which one would you rather have for the same price....

Anway...I wouldn't sweet the small stuff, it's all good and when people get jelous, they say some stupid things...I wonder if people who drive mercedes get hit with..."how does it feel to drive a dodge" lol

Old 03-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Never mind , Jaguar is like no other .

Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member

That's what i say

Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, a security guard was hatin on my xtype a few weeks ago, saying "ohh, is that the little one ford makes here? in the states?? Why didnt you get a real jag?" I had to clarify for this $7.15 an hour brainchild with the bus pass. He doesn't even say hello to me anymore, but it feels great to put someone in their place.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member

Oh-oh..i better stop racing them there mustangs than huh...NA! love leaving them in the dust than going home and playing delta force on my 21 inch monitor......

Old 03-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Smidgy,
Are the haters you are getting men or women?
I only had my car one month and all i get is haters, friends, coworkers, family, and random people. But i do get alot of compliments too!!! i just balance the good from the bad.
You can have fun with it tooo, what i do with the people that hate and think i paid $30,000 for a used car. I makestatements like..."I dont roll down my windows because i dont want poor people air in my car"....or my newest "please swipe your credit card before you get in, your credit card needs to have at least a $45,000 limit just to sit in my car".
For the haters that say its just a fancy ford and i will be in the shop all the time. I say "I really like going to the dealer, while you wait they give you complimetary Champagne and mini sandwiches,. i end up leaving with a full tummy and a buzz."
it just fun to screw with people. I never hate back its not as fun.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:17 AM

Lol! You guys are making me laugh. All the **** talkers are guys. I don't know if it's because they think that I'm just a dumb-chick-with-a-fancy car-who-doesn't-know-anything-about-cars or what... I love my car though - it's nice to look at, original, drives nice, has a good amout of horse power and a thousand other awesome things to it.

I know I keep saying it, but I will post some pics. The pollen is mad here and I have to wash my car pretty much everytime I drive it.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM

I always get the "is that your parents car, your clients car, etc. etc." everything BUT "is that your car?" Oh well! Let them hate!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 PM

I had people tell me it is a ford. No problem, i am used to it, cause i had a saab that people said it was a GM. All i can say, you ignore ignorant people....

Old 03-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: somekidzenvy

yea, a security guard was hatin on my xtype a few weeks ago, saying "ohh, is that the little one ford makes here? in the states?? Why didnt you get a real jag?" I had to clarify for this $7.15 an hour brainchild with the bus pass. He doesn't even say hello to me anymore, but it feels great to put someone in their place.
GRRRRRRRRR[:@] I'm a security guard! BRAINCHILD??? What you trying to say? LOL... No sweat! I'm just kidding. I make a lot more than 99% of security guards! Either way! Just today when I was filling up with gas one of my homeboys from high-school saw me and made a comment about the ford. So I made a comment about his Sentra. He proceeded to say it was an SE-R and I proceeded to tell him it was a Jag. He said "But it's made by ford" and I said"Yeah, but I pull more hoes with my Ford". Right then, a girl in a Jetta came by and said nice car. He looked at me and laughed and said: Yeah, nice ford and drove away! I was laughing but my wife was pissed because I gave the girl in the Jetta a nice look. After I explained to my wife the convo I had with my boy she was happyand glad about the remark the jetta girl made. WOHOOOOOOOO!! JAGUAR FTMFW!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 30

Lol...........let them ALL hate!...........Just laugh at them with the biggest smile on your face, cos, you know why they're commin away with the statement in the first place.
By showing them how pissed off you are, and then arguing your point, you're actually giving their point some credibility!
I know its soooo hard............but you need to trust me on this...........Laugh at them with a knowing ( you're just jealous) smile on your face as you walk away..........They will be sooo pissed I promise!

JC

Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Defininitely jimmy play it cool cuz it just makes them worse. If nobody has anything nice to say they shouldn't say anything at all because you wouldn't be like your car is a piece of $hit if it really was one-right? I havn't had any haters yet though they all love the jag and wonder how I afford it "are you rich!?" I get the is that your moms car alot though!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 28

ORIGINAL: aquill1
I get the is that your moms car alot though!
You're soo lucky Aquill.........the easy comeback to that is that you're soo flattered they think you look so young....lol

Jim

Quick Reply: Haters.