Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight washers not washing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Headlight washers not washing

Hi,

I haven't been on for about a year since my 2002 X-Type is running so well now! Ever since I stopped going to the dealerships and turned to local specialized mechanics, surprisingly nothing is failing... unlike my first 5 years of Transmission, Transfercase, DSC, rear half axles promblems, a multitude of sensor issues, subframe miss-alignment, the list goes on .... Well now I'm having this small issue my power washers.... I know, so minimal compared to the past.

So here is the issue: The headlight power washer no longer "wash" though they go through the motions. I have connected the from the pump directly to each washer (removing the T connector) and each washer operates properly spraying the headlights... they just don't spray together with the T connector. I did replace the T connector with a copper T connector from a hardware store since the OEM T was leaking a bit, but no luck with the replacement. None of the hoses are leaking, so what I'm thinking that this is a pressure problem, maybe the washers don't function without the correct pressure, and the pump is not giving the correct pressure now? Does anyone know of this problem and how to repair it?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Check power, i recently bnt my bumper and now one dosen't work, don't froce it this is the problem, mines starting to break and i order a replacement, which i hope will be paint and in my car this week, alnog with other problems

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a straight pen and poke it in the washer hole...Alot of times they get clogged with junk

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Default Washers do work properly independently

I do think it is a pressure problem since each washer works perfectly when connected independently but fails when the pressure is distributed over the 2 washers.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Just an update. Headlamp washer problem was solved, seems to have been a failed washer pump that was expertly installed by West Herr Jaguar - under my lapsing extended warranty. A wonderful group of experts, and well worth the drive from Toronto. Just thought I would mention that for those of you in the GTA, Niagara and Western NY.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

[quote=canman;112089]Hi,

I haven't been on for about a year since my 2002 X-Type is running so well now!

Don't stay away when everything is going good. Drop in to say how well things are going as well. Knock wood that I didn't just jinx you, or me.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Default You're right

This site and others have been a great help in my car's "health", I really shouldn't just write when something is wrong.... and right now just little things are wrong, so at 7+ years my X-Type is doing really well, and still looks really good. The Tech at West Herr made a note of it's condition, like new! Smiles all around...
Cheers...