X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat blowing cold at idle

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries believe me it’s crossed my mind that it could be a head gasket I think Autozone rents testers so im going to find out I appreciate all your input and when I get it figured out I will post my solution/problem to begin with it.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:35 AM

Has anyone ever used this stuff in their jag? If so is it any good? Irontite

Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

The only thing that is good for is insuring you have to purchase a new radiator after using. Because of tube design sealants will plug the radiator tubes, Jag uses high number of small diameter tubes.

The following users liked this post:
Bostonchad (11-18-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:06 PM

So I did a pressure test on the system pumped it up to 12psi and after like 3-5 mins it dropped 1 1/2- 2psi is that normal? I did notice on the fill tank that there is a small hole in it at the top like where the cap goes as though it’s there to release pressure or should the system hold the pressure no matter what? Keep in mind that all of the hoses are original and some probably could be replaced, I haven’t lost any coolant since I flushed the system either.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

Well, I haven't done it on a lot of cars, only that 4 cyl. and my Vette. The four cyl. dropped about two pounds right off the bat and stayed there for 24 hours. That's when I pulled the plugs and found #4 cyl filled with antifreeze. The Corvette didn't drop at all so I replaced the radiator cap. The cap fixed the Vette. A new head gasket, the 4 cyl. For some reason the Vette has always needed a new cap every few years. I'm guessing the radiator neck isn't the perfect size and the rubber seal gives up after a few years. Maybe a new cap would fix yours?

That seal stuff you posted is a bad idea. Especially if it has had green and red antifreeze mixed. That stuff gums up everything from the radiator as mentioned and heater cores and can ruin water pumps. These things already have a weakness in the pump without help from something like that.

If I were you I would pull the plugs and shine a light with a mirror and look for red in each cylinder. You can also see the top of your pistons and see how much carbon is on them. A company called BG I think it is makes a good cleaner to get that carbon off. If it gets too thick it can cause pinging or premature detonation. Just a little thing you can tell yourself if you, hopefully, don't find any red in one of the cylinders. You can tell yourself it was still worth it. You'll also get to see the condition of your plugs. If you don't find any, I guess your back at square one, flushing again and burping.

Last edited by rhomanski; 11-19-2017 at 03:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bostonchad (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 06:57 PM

Ok sounds like I’m going to dig a little deeper hopefully we get some decent weather so I can pull the plugs and check that out. I jacked the front end up and burped it I seen some bubbles come out in the tank but not alot and I looked at the oil and that looked good so the hunt continues for the culprit. I appreciate your input Rhomanski thanks!

Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

Your very welcome, I try to help where I can. I can't do much over the internet except to give a little of my experiences.