Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And Hello

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And Hello

Just picked up my 2nd X type.
Did have a 2.0D sport 2003, now got 2006 2.0D SE. So from sports to a luxury toyed-up-leather-seated machine.
The reason for change was 1st one needs new clutch and flywheel. With labour, that's £1,000. Nope.
Fortuitously, same week, mother in law had been offered stupid low amount for the SE as a part ex, so I gave her the same amount lol.
It did have the hotplug light on, and was in limp mode. Once warm, you could restart the car and all would be fine. It's because she is 70 and drives like it. I drove it 200 miles home....like I stole it. Cleared out any deposits. No light, no limp mode.
I was thinking of updating the sat nav, it works fully, but I've used Tom Tom for years, and must admit the jag version doesn't seem anywhere near as good as Tom Tom. Tell me I'm wrong on that one?
Looking forward to joining in, but tbh I've not learnt much about the last Jag, because nothing went wrong!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:49 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

oldshape, read some of the posts around these parts. I can guarantee you will learn something that you will not know. I know I have posted a few things that I learned through playing that have helped out others. If you want to play, try this one. Before you start the car, press and hold down the TRIP button. With the button still depressed, start the car. Keep holding the button down until you see the information center say "Engineering Test". Once you see that, releast the TRIP button. MOmentarily press the trip button a few more times and you will see the instrument cluster put on a light show for you. Getting into it further, you can see the raw data off of a bunch of the sensors and other useful data for when the car isen't play well. You have to decipher it a little bit, but once you have the conversion, very, very useful.

The following users liked this post:
oldshape (06-25-2017)