X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Help

Hello, I'm new to this site and can't seem to simply find the "new post" button..so sorry for the off topic response....but I'm replacing the passenger side front lower control arm for my 2003 x type and the cage nut for the subframe bolt that you have to lower in order to get the arm out is spinning and I'm not quite sure what to do...any help would be great!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,822 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Zoolander, first off, welcome to the forums. I think you will find a lot of people here that are more than willing to help. But, we also do ask that you stop by the "New Member" section and tell us a little bit about yourself. I think you will find this very beneficial.

As for making a new post to an old topic, if you get to the bottom of the screen when logged in, you will see on the left side a "New Reply" button just under the last post or you can scroll down a little further and there is a window there that you can type in your response and then hit the "Post Quick Reply". Either way will get you to posting a new reply.

As for your problem, you may want to try putting a pair of vice grips on the head of the bolt and then as you give it a slight twist, pull down at the same time to see if the bolt will come out that way. Otherwise, you will more than likely end up having to cut off the head of the bolt and then once the bolt is exposed, you will be able to get a better idea of what needs to be done to get the old bolt out, what repairs need to be made at that point to install a new bolt.

HOpefully someone else will have some better information for you. I don't recall exactly how the bolt is secured inside the frame rail.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Zoolander, first off, welcome to the forums. I think you will find a lot of people here that are more than willing to help. But, we also do ask that you stop by the "New Member" section and tell us a little bit about yourself. I think you will find this very beneficial.

As for making a new post to an old topic, if you get to the bottom of the screen when logged in, you will see on the left side a "New Reply" button just under the last post or you can scroll down a little further and there is a window there that you can type in your response and then hit the "Post Quick Reply". Either way will get you to posting a new reply.

As for your problem, you may want to try putting a pair of vice grips on the head of the bolt and then as you give it a slight twist, pull down at the same time to see if the bolt will come out that way. Otherwise, you will more than likely end up having to cut off the head of the bolt and then once the bolt is exposed, you will be able to get a better idea of what needs to be done to get the old bolt out, what repairs need to be made at that point to install a new bolt.

HOpefully someone else will have some better information for you. I don't recall exactly how the bolt is secured inside the frame rail.

Many thanks! Sorry for the inappropriate posting format...I was kinda in a pickle there for a minute but seem to be coming around on the whole situation now...Hopefully I can get some pics and post them to the site so that the next guy doesn't have to waste time on figuring it out...I did look through the new members section and I will go through it again so I can become better acquainted with the site...Thanks again!