X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, my X-type has an ABS Fault. Afraid *********** will rip me

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: HELP MY NEW X-TYPE HAS AN ABS LIGHT COME ON !!!

Yes, I think you can go to Auto-zone for the free diagnostic of the codes..it has been mentioned here before in several threads

Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

As far as I am concerned you little thief your car can go up in flames for all I care. Some technician that has nothing to do with what is charged at the dealer of by select edition may not have been able to feed his kid this week because you skipped on your bill and it was taken out of his paycheck.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure they're going to pull some BS if you tell them you got your codes read. Probably will relate something back like "we need to verify them ourselves." Plus, I'm not familiar w/Jag, but sometimes you can get a manufacturer's code (my Ford contour had 3 of them--failing cat!), which cannot be read by your OBD-II code scanners.

My advice is to get it read for free. DO NOT CLEAR the codes. Write them down, dig them up here and get some research ground. After determining what is wrong and what is covered, apply leverage to the dealership. Codes don't change, so if it is covered, I'm sure they will deduct the cost of diagnosis.

I'd wait till someone chimes in with experience on this issue, as I have not gone through this. However, I can't see anything wrong with getting the codes read and digging up the culprit yourself. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

As far as I am concerned you little thief your car can go up in flames for all I care. Some technician that has nothing to do with what is charged at the dealer of by select edition may not have been able to feed his kid this week because you skipped on your bill and it was taken out of his paycheck.
FJT, I don't think there is anything wrong with doing research yourself by getting your codes ran at autoshops or using your own scanner. Now that is if I understand the OP, correctly. If you got the diagnosis done, and ran out without paying, then I have to agree with FJT here, that's not right.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:07 PM

Ancient your second part was correct. He went to dealer, got diagnosis and skipped out on the bill. He grabbed his keys wen service writer went to get manager and drove off. That is theft of services. I have no problem with people getting codes. Read my other posts, I help as many people as I can for free because I enjoy doing so.
$300.00 for 15 minutes of diag I think is BS, if I got charged that I would have called the police. lol.
I just think it is not right for him to have done that. If he had stuck around to have spoken to the service manager like an adult, it probably would have been resolved. Good luck going to another dealer btw. The jag community is very small. You think you will be able to go to another dealer in your area? As soon as your VIN is plugged in you will probably get a visit from the cops and arrested for theft of services.
Just as a side note, just about everything to do with ABS is covered under select as are HID lights for the motors breaking regardless of what someone here says. Only way a motor issue would not be covered is if they were broken as a result of an accident.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: jagxtypeboy

Theft of services, more like theft of my money $300 for 15 mins is crazy. Im afraid that the next dealer will try to hustle me on the ABS Fault, and say its not covered and tell me it would be $2000 to fix. Im only 18 and I dont have money to be spending on my new car which is suppose to be CPO Select Pack with $0 Deductible.
Theft of your money? You didn't pay it. And your attitude says it all. No remorse for the poor ******* that looked at your car and maybe got shafted on his paycheck because of you.

Just a side note - if you are 18 do you have non factory wheels on your car? If you ridin on 22"s, thats probably why your ABS light is on and is also probably why your HID's broke trying to level out the lamps so far that they broke. Again, probably why Select wouldnt cover it.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 PM

If you would read the posts, I told you that almost all ABS problems are covered by Select. Wheel speed sensors, ABS module, Brake switch, brake booster, Sensor ring all of it. Take it to the dealer. What does it matter? If they try to charge you, your just going to do a runner again anyway.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM

I only have the factory X-Type Sport Wheels my car came with. $300 for 15mins of diag is just plain outright theivery. I seen a tech hook up a computer to my car while I was outside watching them wash cars. I didnt have $300 to give the guy to hook up a computer. I told my advisor I have select, then he comes back and sticks me with a $300 bill 15 mins later. Why are you worried about that ? The issue at hand is my ABS light is on and I dont want to get ripped off again at the next dealership. I go to college and I have bills and books etc. How can I clear this code, or get rid of this code without getting ripped off ? Can I disconect the battery ?
1.) You didn't get "ripped off" b/c you never paid $300.
2.) $300 is asinine amount, no one is disputing that.
3.) I just finished college, and I drove a Ford Contour (still am driving). I don't buy the I'm on a tight budget, but own a Jaguar bit. (All you *******s are filthy stinking rich!! Well, except Jim, now that he's got a Mondeo!! [8D])
4.) If you want to just clear the code(s), yes you can clear it with a scanner or reset the PCM a la battery. It's a quick fix, and if it is a recurring problem, it'll probably pop back up in no time.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM

Well I only purchased my 04 X-Type Sport, I purchased it with 45K Miles, and Jaguar Select Package for only $11000. You must remember these cars are cheap. Cheap luxury car on a budget.So I can go to autozone and have them clear the codes right ?
1.) Damn dude, that's a steal of a price for a Select vehicle.
2.) I'm not sure I understand why you're clearing codes. What are you trying to achieve here? I mean, it just seems like you are expecting these codes to vanish. That's not going to happen.

Running on a light isn't going to kill the car. Worse it can do is run on lean mode.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM

04 X with 45k for 11k?
Hope you wiped it off your chin.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 PM

I guess I got a good deal. But anyways I want to know if I clear the codes does the lights go off ? Will this affect my car ? Im under the impresion people always do this to avoid high repair bills. At least thats what my friend does with his BMW M3.
Questions answered respectively: Yes (could be back just a mile down the road, though); Don't know w/o knowing the culprit.

No it doesn't avoid bills, it makes them larger.

Poor M3.

Quick Reply: Help, my X-type has an ABS Fault. Afraid *********** will rip me