Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hello i have a jaguar x type 3.0 2002 .
i have a problem with engine ventilation .
When i turm of the car and remove the key the ventilation turns on and dont turns of unyill the battery is ded . I changes the temperature sensor and still the same .

Old 10-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

marlind, what you are suffering from is a bad fan control module. These are known to fail in your year car. So, you will need to look at replacing the fan control module. To located where it is, open the hood/bonnet of your can and stand in front of the car. Now, rest your hands on the area over the radiator like you were going to look at the fans. Where your right hand is, you should see a silver box there with cooling fins on it that is roughly 5CM by 8 CM in size. That finned box is your fan control module. You can also follow the wiring from the fans themselves back to this module if you want to follow wiring.

As for replacing the module, it is not that difficult. BUT!!!!!!! Jaguar came out with a new design fan controller in the middle of 2004. So, if you buy a new fan controller, make sure you know if you are getting the one for the early year cars (which the module will be used) or if you are getting the later re-designed module. If you get the re-designed module, you will also need to by the adapter plug to convert from the plug style your car has on the engine wiring harness to the plug on the fan module.

In short, what has happened is over time, the electronics inside the controller get too hot and they will fail. When they fail, it fails in a way to turn on the fans all the time. This is what happens 99% of the time. If you are the 1%, then you have a bad ECU or the wiring between the ECU and fan controller is bad (ie, the control wire is shorted to battery supply).

if you need more info, let me know.

Old 10-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanke you for the information . I will make all of this as soon as monday arrives . Thanke you a lot

Old 10-06-2018, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts