X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lights

I have a 2002 X Type. The Left HID is not coming on. So I replaced the bulb but the light is still not lighting up. I went to the local Jaguar dealer and inquired about changing the ballast. The dealer don't think that is the problem. Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you correct the problem. Thank you in advance.

P.S. The HID Lights are factory installed not after markets

Old 10-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Mr. Allen, I want you to try something for me. Go out to your car and open the hood. You will see a fuse box behind the driver's side headlight. Switch fuses F16 and F17. Did your problem move to the other headlight? If yes, you simply have a blown fuse (the one that is now in the F17 spot). Probably a good idea to change out both of these fuses as the HIDs have a high starting current and this can "wear out" a fuse, resulting in it opening up.

If this does not fix it and you feel that you want to troubleshoot it yourself, let me know. I can step you through everything. I just need to know how familiar you are with using a multimeter. I will write things accordingly.