X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't wait!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:32 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I can't wait!

I had to give up an '04 X about four years ago and I've missed it ever since. I had a '11 XF Portfolio for about two years that I put 50k miles on it and while I loved it I still preferred the size of the X-Type. The engine went on the XF so I traded it in a while back and I've been driving a beater Hyundai the last few months. I found another '04 X on Craigslist and picked up the title last night! I'm hoping to have it registered no later than tomorrow so I can pick it up by this weekend. Luckily I found almost three exact model I wanted, a sport BRG! It's very clean with 82k miles on it. I've already got an appointment with the dealership to check it all out and get caught up on maintenance. I'm so excited to be back in the group!

The following users liked this post:
Jayson Massey (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,134 Likes on 1,308 Posts

There is something quite addicting about these cars -we have had three of them! Good luck with your new car - it would be a better than good idea to change the fluids, including the transfer case fluid (and to make sure that the cooling duct is in place). BRG on the X-Type is beautiful. My 2005 Sportwagon is in that colour, and I love it.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:37 PM

Yes, I definitely missed driving an X-Type. Haven't had time to snap any pictures yet because we're in the process of moving but it's your standard BRG with sport package. It's not a sport, just body color cladding and lower suspension with 18" wheels. The back glass is tinted but a PO pulled the tint off the doors, no idea why. I've replaced that and it looks much better. I had a post-purchase inspection done at Jaguar of Tampa and they found a few little things so I've got a list of items going that it needs such as sway bar end links (front and rear) and plugs and coils. I also ordered a new set of wheels for it that should be here in about another week and a half. Getting a new ignition tumbler and new keys along with a remote start and aftermarket ACM- type unit for Bluetooth, etc.
The DSC fault is intermittent so I need to get that looked at.
The car has nav and a phone button on the dash but doesn't appear to have anything programmed to allow phone pairing - is that normal? I have no manual and haven't been able to figure out how to pair yet.
Other than that I'm really happy and my only regret is I'm relocating from Tampa back to Boston for work and I feel bad about putting the miles on this 88k mile beauty.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:38 PM

Oh, and I may have overpaid a bit at $4200. No door dings anywhere, paint is almost perfect, low miles but interior is a little worn. But I'm happy. :-D :-D

Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 AM

So far I've had into the dealership for a post-purchase inspection and they have found a few things. I've ordered front and rear sway bar end-links at their recommendation. The car does clunk a bit driving around so hopefully that will aid in the noises and ride quality. The tires are shot so once I get new tires on here I'll be able to diagnose sounds a bit more. I think it needs a right front wheel bearing but honestly the tires are so noisy I can't definitively tell. I ordered a set of wheels that will need powder-coated once they get here, just need to decide on a color. I have a set of rear upper control arms coming, as well.
The rear glass was tinted but at some point the previous owners had pulled off the door tint so I replaced that. Huge difference.
I had the ignition tumbler replaced with new keys - much happier now that I have keyless entry, haha. I ordered a few usb charging ports along with a remote start that's going in very soon.
My ACM came in the mail the other day but I have a few issues with that - namely several of the fiber optic cables were damaged upon delivery. I am working with the seller on getting it repaired but I'm running low on time to get it installed in time to move to Boston.