X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent audio, all sources/speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Intermittent audio, all sources/speakers

Searched but did not see this listed.. Like many others I have had an issue from time to time with my CD stack in the trunk getting stuck and not ejecting the CD. I disengage it and it starts working again, at least for awhile. Happened recently and once I got the CD to eject and reloaded the cartridge, I developed audio issues. Related?

The CD from the stack goes in fine and it cycles. But no music, only a static sound, like the optics are off. But now, on every source the audio will drop out for 2-10 seconds. It might stay on for 20 minutes and then drop several times over the next half hour. FM, AM, in dash single CD player (all work) and the CD stack in the trunk (static only). If I play a CD I can see the track count down so I know it is running. Again, CD stack is static only, in dash CD plays but drops audio. And occasionally when either CD player is engaged, when the audio drops out then after a few seconds the system will revert back to the last radio source (an FM station in my situation). Similar to what it did when the CD stack in the truck would jam when trying to eject the CD. You know, first the message on the screen says CD ERROR and then it switches back to the previous source. But no message in this case, it just randomly switches back to FM.

Never had an issue with the audio before, other than the CD refusing to eject from time to time. So anyone every encounter this problem and have any ideas as to what could cause it? Just had the 50K service but can't imagine they did anything to cause this. Did my audio get possessed by demons? North Korea testing EMP on me? FBI bug my car????

Thanks

Old 07-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You could remove and refit the fibre optic plugs at the rear of the stack in the trunk and see if that makes a difference. There is another fibre optic plug fitted at the base of the cabin fuse box that has been known to come loose and cause a problem.

The following users liked this post:
tarheel72 (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rapala
You could remove and refit the fibre optic plugs at the rear of the stack in the trunk and see if that makes a difference. There is another fibre optic plug fitted at the base of the cabin fuse box that has been known to come loose and cause a problem.
Thanks. I assume I have to remove or at least loosen the covering on the side of the trunk to access the connection? Will it destroy the clips when I pop it loose or are they designed to pop in and out? Thanks

Old 07-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts