X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar x-type 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar x-type 2005

Hello, I am looking forward to modding my new Jaguar that I've purchased, I was looking for a cold air intake system to improve performance and torque, despite searching I've yet to find one. I was wonder if anyone could possibly link cold air intake systems for my vehicle, preferably under $300.

Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,824 Likes on 3,143 Posts

jaguar123, first off, welcome to the Forums. You will find lots of information here about your car and lots of friendly people to. But, we pride ourselves in being a better car group and as part of this, we like to get to know one another. So, please stop by the new member section and give us a quick into about you and your kitty. This will also give you a chance to meet those that make this place what it is.

As for the intake that you are looking for, there is a reason why you are not finding any, no one makes one. With that being said, you can possibly use a kit that was made for a car that uses the Duratec 3.0L engine (since that is what your motor is based off of). Also, if you do some searching here on the site, a few members have gone to their local auto parts store and gotten some basic pieces and fabbed up their own kit for around $100 USD as I recall. It wasn't anything super difficult to do. In short, this kit allowed you to pull the stock air box out and the new air filter went directly into that opening.

If you are looking for power gains, you are not going to see much as the intake is pretty open on this car and there isn't much to be gained there. But, you do get a little crisper throttle response and being able to hear the air rush into the engine.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

most auto part stores carry a universal kit with various adapters for the sensors.
i bought one about 5 yrs ago and had to mod it to get it secure.
i instantly preferred the sound and response.
go for it!