Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar X type 2006 VDP Gearbox fault-Limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar X type 2006 VDP Gearbox fault-Limp mode

Hello,
I have a Jaguar X type 2006 VDP. I am experiencing the dreaded Gearbox Fault message on the dashboard but nothing about "cruise control." I have done extensive research online and everyone seems to suggest it may be related to the TCM or ECM. I did notice this happened after I went through the car wash and it also happened to rain the very next day. I also found water in the engine air filter compartment which I found odd. Anyway, I am already down $700 dollars because the battery wasn't testing good so I got a new one hoping that would do it. I had a mechanic look at it and said the starter had to be replaced, did that and nothing. I am getting the following codes which are related to the solenoids.

P0753: Shift solenoid A circuit electrical
P0758: Shift solenoid B circuit electrical
P0763 Shift solenoid C circuit electrical
P0710: Transmission fluid temp sensor circuit malfunction
P1747: Transmission brake timing solenoid 2/4 – circuit malfunction

My question is, if I get the solenoid problems fixed, will that do it? Or will the TCM have to be replaced as well?

Man, I'll be screwed without this car as I am unable to buy another one right now. I am willing to spend up to $1500 fixing this thing, anything more than that I cannot afford. It's a shame because the car if fully loaded and looks great, every component in the interior cabin works flawlessly. The car is probably worth about $5K at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by avisjaguar; 11-20-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have a 2002 x type three years ago i i got a gearbox orange cog light on my dashboard board, i had a a gearbox overall bands and a new converter