X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar x-type Gearbox Fault Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar x-type Gearbox Fault Issue

Hello JaguarForums once again, I'm back yet with another issue. This time it's my vehicles gear box that's causing my car to dysfunction. I was driving my car normally on a late Thursday night, everything was fine, Friday morning I go to start my vehicle and the dashboard is throwing a "Gearbox Fault" message at me.

I've tried to put the vehicle in Drive, it goes into drive but despite it going into drive the vehicle does not move when my foot is released off the brake. (Usually cars move slowly just a little). I have to give overkill push to the throttle to get the vehicle moving, the car makes a loud noise as if it's moving much faster when in reality it's barely moving. Reverse is completely fine, when in reverse the car starts moving, fluent and smooth.

I cannot enable sports mode, the "S" button won't light up.
When driving with excessive throttle I noticed the vehicle does not upshift into another gear, at least i don't think.

The vehicle basically struggles to move forward, backwards is fine. Thursday night was a wet night, maybe something with water damage to my TCU? not sure, any help and or suggestion is appreciated.

Edit: After doing a little test drive around my block almost flooring it, i noticed cruise control does not function either. I will keep you guys updated

Last edited by jaguar123; 11-04-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

Sport button doesn't light up - problem?

Sports button discussion, as for not moving, idk.