X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More X Type Woes - F67 then nothing

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More X Type Woes - F67 then nothing

My 2002 x type 3.0 Auto won't start. I've been tracing a F67 blowing fault and tried to start the car with Auto Trans Relay pulled (there was the hint of a smell when I turned the key). Just got constant beeping sound from the driver side and no power on the dash. Now, with relay in, the same thing. Power is fine (fan is on), but on turning ignition, nothing, just beeping from the drivers side. The car appears dead, but the battery is fine and checked. Battery has been disconnected for 20 minutes then reconnected. Key fob locks and unlocks the car. Immobiliser? Nothing seems to work. And the fuse keeps blowing (when I can start the car). I've swapped R3 and 8, no difference. And started with dipped lights relay pulled (fuse still blows). The default error is gearbox fault, no cruise. Stuck in 4th (when started). So, fuse issue and subsequent non starter! Could the ECU have burnt out when the Auto Trans really was pulled and tried to start the car? Clearly the starting is the first thing, and it's stuck in park. Nobody can drive it or pull it way I suppose. Hope somebody can help.