X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Navigation??

Hello all, just another quick question for ya. Was wondering if anyone here had an aftermarket navigation system in their x-type? I dont mean a tom tom or any type of portable navigation system i mean an aftermarket indash navigation system. I found a few on crutchfield but it said that a custom mounting bracket had to be fabricated for it which can cost $$ just wondering if anyone here has used those devices or anything of the sort thank you.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Navigation??

i got a double din navigation in mine, the cost for the custom fabricated dash kit and the installation was $450

Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 04XTYPE

i got a double din navigation in mine, the cost for the custom fabricated dash kit and the installation was $450
Do you have a link my man for the double din? Also where did you purchase it if you dont mind my asking. I was thinking about purchasing this kenwood http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HqUV9KG...mp;I=700NAV617

seems like a good value for the money.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Here is the link to the one i got http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...219118,00.htmli know theres a newer model out, but i personally dont like the D3, the D2 is basically the same as mine, not sure what they changed on it. I like the kenwood, but personally would go for a double din for the X, as the space the stock unit takes up wont be filled well by the single din IMO. for a couple hundred more you could get aa nice double din with all those features and maybe more. i think there is a pioneer double din that has a harddrive so no need for a Nav disc, and also you can store on it. not sure if this is a pioneer one, but there is one out there with these features. I got mine from circuit city a while back, got it for 1700+tax, before a $300 rebate, so it cost me a total of about $1500+350(for the extended warranty 3/yr) + 450(install) for a total of 2300 intalled. I havent had to use the warranty yet, so not sure if it was a good investment, still got 2 yrs left on it so we'll see. Navigation is a great mod as it looks real good, and helps out a lot if you dont know where the hell you are, or where the place u want to be is.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 04XTYPE

Here is the link to the one i got http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...219118,00.htmli know theres a newer model out, but i personally dont like the D3, the D2 is basically the same as mine, not sure what they changed on it. I like the kenwood, but personally would go for a double din for the X, as the space the stock unit takes up wont be filled well by the single din IMO. for a couple hundred more you could get aa nice double din with all those features and maybe more. i think there is a pioneer double din that has a harddrive so no need for a Nav disc, and also you can store on it. not sure if this is a pioneer one, but there is one out there with these features. I got mine from circuit city a while back, got it for 1700+tax, before a $300 rebate, so it cost me a total of about $1500+350(for the extended warranty 3/yr) + 450(install) for a total of 2300 intalled. I havent had to use the warranty yet, so not sure if it was a good investment, still got 2 yrs left on it so we'll see. Navigation is a great mod as it looks real good, and helps out a lot if you dont know where the hell you are, or where the place u want to be is.
Hey brother the link you posted doesnt work. It comes up as error 404. Also i think i know which one your talking about if you got it from circuit city. I went on their website and they said that it wouldnt fit the x-type. Atleast thats what the icon said. This kenwood has a hard drive and no need for nav disc. I like the fact that the nav screen will fold out so i dont have to look at it if i get blinded by the thing at night.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:41 AM

the navs usually have a night mode you can put it on, so when u turn on the headlights, the screen changes to darker colours. Im pretty sure the one i have is discontinued, if you type in avic D1 on yahoo or google, and click on the pioneer website link it should come up. The reason that circuit city say it wont fit is because they dont have a dash kit for it. Also dont get it installed at circuitcity or bestbuy if you are goin to need a custom dash kit, as they quoted me over $1k just for the kit and install. Go to one of ure local audio shops, they should be able to do it a lot better and cheaper. If you get the dash kit made nice so it still looks good with a single din, that will work nicely. I just dont like the dashkits people have put on the X's ive seen on cardomain with just a whole thing plastic, and then the single din deck placed

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Racer has a nice indash set-up although I'm not too fond of jensen/audiovox but they seem to be pretty good quality but they don't include navigation and that costs just as much as the radio itself...I'd go pioneer or eclipse...the eclipse backlight of the buttons matches the green of the jags dash so that to me had me steered towards eclipse but at my buddies circuit city they no longer have any eclipse units...pioneer is my head unit of choice but I could have gotten a deal at circuit city for an eclipse so I would have went for it...plus the eclipse's that they had were the double dvd/cd slots instead of just one navi disc/dvd slot...

Old 07-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Racer has anything .I bet he also installed a PS 3 in his car lol

Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member

Perhaps but that tv would be a little small to play games on!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I often fit a playstation in my car, does wonders for keeping my son content when driving to Spain.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:47 AM

i want to get a PS2 put in my car, so i can have a dvd player and a games console. also looking to get some screens in the headrests when i get some $$$. I know people will be saying y dont you put a PS3 in the car? the reason is that the newer PS2's are very small and can fit discretely in the glove compartment, the PS3 wud have to have a custom bracket, or have to be put in the trunk/boot area.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

For game fans , putting a PS3 in thetrunk is a good way to go considering many CD changers are also in the trunk

Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 AM

now that its wireless, its hard to to control from the front, even with the ps2 id want wireless controllers. cant be having wires all over the car lol

Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 AM

will the wireless controllers work though if the playstation is in the boot. Thought they needed line of sight?I drag the wires through the vents in the parcel shelf. Does not look too bad, but wireless would be better.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member

Guys...putting TV screens in ur headrest and video games in the trunk is just one step closer to driving a dodge caravan.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 PM

are u really comparing a jag to a dodge caravan? if you look at the screens in the super v8 ull see what im talking about, nuffin dodge(y) about it

Old 07-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

yea I love the super v8, and I know they are nice screens, I know it's cool stuff to have. I just don't see the point, it is just one step closer to ur car being a minivan. Like I understand if you have kids, then it's for them to watch movies, like a mini van. But someone with out kids it serves no real purpose, just looks cool I guess.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM

TV's in the headrest isn't meant for entertainment for the kids, but rather to floss (show off) and have entertainment for friends.

Personally, I'm not too fond of the Tv's in the headrest but I like them in the dash though

Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM

it is basically for looks, but it also helps when goin on a long trip at night and you dont want to fall a sleep while all ure friends are sleeping, this way it keeps you up by keeping ure friends up

Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah good idea in keeping them up with you! Hey when you get serious about the screens let me know...I should be able to get you a deal on the screens...just let me know...

Quick Reply: Navigation??