X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile New member

Hey guys! im new to the forum but i had my X-type for 4 years now never decided to do anything on it until now.

I have a 2004 x-type 2.5 stick shift

Just want to know if anyone can mentor me on what directions to go for mods and what i should and should not do. Just want to learn more knowledge about the X!

thanks in advance guys.

BTW im from LA So Cal.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

If you are looking at performance mods to get more power out of the engine, those are easy to add on, but it is going to cost you because the transfer case is going to give out on you if you decide to use that power. There is no known upgrade for the transfer case to make it overcome this. So, if you want power, I hope you have deep pockets as a new transfer case is about $3000 to be installed.

As for other upgrades, there are not a lot of choices out there. What is out there, is very limited production things and the price matches this limited availability. There is a body kit out there and while it looks nice, it is also fairly pricy. The other option is to go custom. But, depending on what you are after, that can be pricy too.

I wish the answer was a little easier to swallow, but that is the facts of owning a car like this.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
If you are looking at performance mods to get more power out of the engine, those are easy to add on, but it is going to cost you because the transfer case is going to give out on you if you decide to use that power. There is no known upgrade for the transfer case to make it overcome this. So, if you want power, I hope you have deep pockets as a new transfer case is about $3000 to be installed.

As for other upgrades, there are not a lot of choices out there. What is out there, is very limited production things and the price matches this limited availability. There is a body kit out there and while it looks nice, it is also fairly pricy. The other option is to go custom. But, depending on what you are after, that can be pricy too.

I wish the answer was a little easier to swallow, but that is the facts of owning a car like this.
Thanks so much for the info, and im not quite looking to increase the power i want to mod to more for the look. I saw some xtype got the from lip which i really like wonder what that is. and as for the interior i just want a navi system in it thats all. As to the performance i just want to put the intake in.

So basically heres wat im looking to do to my jag.

Intake, tint, lowered, rims, front lips, front grill, navi, and thats basically it just want it to look clean. if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

Mina Gallery is going to be where you will find most of what you are after (atleast the body stuff). Get ready for some interesting prices though too.

The following users liked this post:
jaguarxtype04 (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Thermo
Mina Gallery is going to be where you will find most of what you are after (atleast the body stuff). Get ready for some interesting prices though too.
OMG lol pricy but some are good price but thermo thanks a lot!!!!! i think imma get the exhaust system lol

Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

Too bad you don't live closer to me. I have installed 2 of the exhaust systems. They take about an hour to do once you know what you are doing. If I could find a set of mufflers at a decent price, i would put them on my kitty. I like the sound of them.