X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No AC and Battery Light on

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No AC and Battery Light on

For the past few weeks, the battery light on my '05 started showing up from time to time but I didn't think too much about it since the voltages on the battery and alternator seemed fine when I tried checking them. Recently however, the AC stopped working. I bought a quick AC recharge canister but saw that the low pressure line was pressurized at 90 psi, which led me to believe that the AC compressor was at fault. I checked the AC compressor clutch fuse to see if that was it, but the fuse seemed fine and there was a noticeable increase in engine load when the ac button was turned on.

I was thinking since both the alternator and compressor are powered off the serpentine belt, is it possible that the problem could just be with the belt? I don't know if/when the PO changed the belt last, and I haven't had it changed in the three years I've had it. There's a slight squeak coming from the belt and the belt tensioner seems to be wobbling back and forth. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Update:
AC works fine when revving the engine, probably will just attempt the TSB and reverse the valve and valve spring.

Last edited by vincev; 08-01-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Update