X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No a/c, No interior lights. Connection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No a/c, No interior lights. Connection?

Okay, here I go again with another problem. Last night all was well with the X. A/C was blowing
cold...well, pretty cold air, like normal.Dome lights came on whenI got out and faded off when I exited.
Everything was fine. This morning, drove to work without a/c just because it was nice out, not 10,000
degrees like usual. Then! Had to go out during lunch, got in turned on a/c......nothing. No click of the
compressor clutch, no fan, no air, nothing. The display lights up and indicates the fan is blowing, but its not.
Turned off and on, off and on, nothing. Worked too late to take it to be checked out, so called my brother-in-
law long distance(wish he lived closer so he could work on it), he said freon could be low and the low pressure
relays could have shut down the compressor. Fine, have it checked tomorrow. Wellll, go out to the car tonight
to get somethingand the dome lights dont come on. Turned on the switch, nothing. Map lights, nothing.
Opened all doors, no interior lights. Headlights work, buttons illuminate. Everything else works, just not the A/C
or interior lights. Could these things be related? Somebody please help me. [sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Default RE: No a/c, No interior lights. Connection?

Its definately some sort of relay

Old 08-23-2008, 11:47 PM

Thanks for your input haroung. Youre right, it was therelay and a fuse. Replaced them, now all is right with the world.
Hmmmmm, wonder where all the techs and expertswere on this one[sm=WTFsgign.gif] **crickets chirping**

Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Speaking of that, where are all the experts and techs? I havent seen them post replies in the longest time.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Yeah, Ive noticed several posters tech questions that didnt getadvice, but I can see that some of the techshave been
logged on, just not responding.[sm=sigh.gif][sm=smiley35.gif] Im glad you were out there to at least give me some input, thought I was all alone
for a minute. Thanks again harounq.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the techs are kind of PeeOed because they help some one out and never get a reply back like "thank you" or what was the outcome of the repair advice. After awhile I guess it gets to them. Can't blame them.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Techs Help Needed :No a/c, No interior lights. Connection?

I'm chancing your title so that they may spot this thread and troubleshot your issues

Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Thanks cadillac, but Ive taken care of it now.

KAZSAM, I didnt do anything to them, so I dont think they should take that out on me. When jag genius gave me the scoop on my transfer seal leak, I sent him a pm thanking him. I didnt make it public, but I definitely thanked him. I can kind of understand their being POd, but not really. From what Ive seen on here, the members really appreciate the techs and advice from others as well.

Bojangles, I figured that it wasnt a coincidence that the compressor and the lights went out at the same time. I simply looked in the manual for the fuse that controls those functions (the diagram shows what each relay and fuse controls)and sure enough, one fuse did it, checked, and it was blown. I replaced that fuse and the lights came on, turned the a/c on and it worked….for a minute, then the fuse blew. Replaced it again and it blew immediately. There is also a relay that controls the compressor only, figured it was bad causing the fuse to blow, so replaced it (and the fuse again), and voila! I have air in the heat of Texas again.

Yes I handled this myself, but it took a lot longer for me to figure it out than if an expert had just told me this because Im sure the techs knew about the fuse and it would have saved me lots of stress and feeling like I was going to spontaneously combust. A minute in this Texas heat without a/c is like a lifetime. Im kinda POd myself.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't think they are mad at the folks here. I know both got frustrated when we couldn't post. It's nothing personal.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 PM

Youre very welcome bo.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: queenmb

Thanks cadillac, but Ive taken care of it now.

KAZSAM, I didnt do anything to them, so I dont think they should take that out on me. When jag genius gave me the scoop on my transfer seal leak, I sent him a pm thanking him. I didnt make it public, but I definitely thanked him. I can kind of understand their being POd, but not really. From what Ive seen on here, the members really appreciate the techs and advice from others as well.

Bojangles, I figured that it wasnt a coincidence that the compressor and the lights went out at the same time. I simply looked in the manual for the fuse that controls those functions (the diagram shows what each relay and fuse controls)and sure enough, one fuse did it, checked, and it was blown. I replaced that fuse and the lights came on, turned the a/c on and it worked….for a minute, then the fuse blew. Replaced it again and it blew immediately. There is also a relay that controls the compressor only, figured it was bad causing the fuse to blow, so replaced it (and the fuse again), and voila! I have air in the heat of Texas again.

Yes I handled this myself, but it took a lot longer for me to figure it out than if an expert had just told me this because Im sure the techs knew about the fuse and it would have saved me lots of stress and feeling like I was going to spontaneously combust. A minute in this Texas heat without a/c is like a lifetime. Im kinda POd myself.
WOW..I think I'm in love[8D]...good job Queenie

Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 PM

Why thank you Dennis. [sm=smiley9.gif]