X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No heat-help-

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No heat-help-

Recently purchased 2003 X-Type with front end damage.Radiators and thermostat was replaced due to damage. Just recently moved form Sunny Florida to Friged Colorado to find out my heater does not work(not good). Toped off collant and no luck still blowing ice cold. Trying to trace radiator hoses back to fire wall to heater core not sure if this car is even equiped for heat. Help

Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

DityFlo - Need some more info. Does the interior compartment fan work? When you push the selectors (feet-mid-windsheild) do you hear the flaps move or any noise?

Turn everything off in the car. Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes allowing for everything to reset. Then reconnect the battery. Put the key and turn it, but don't start the car. Pull on all the window switches, FIRST. The check you heater.

The following users liked this post:
DityFlo (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Default Heating Problem- Help

Yes the fan blows cold air and all the "(feet-mid-windsheild)" work. I have also tried disconnecting the battery and rest trick to no avail.

I am thinking that the previous owner might have bypassed the heater core. what makes me think this is that I see no hoses going into the firewall from the engine compartment. I have changed out a heater core before in a previous vehicle.PITA.

If some one could point out where I might trace back to determine this or some type of heating system schematic for this vehicle it would be great.

And Thanks Again

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's the instructions to remove the heater core or in your case verify thats its installed or in worse case replace it.

Hope this helps

heat2.pdf

The following users liked this post:
DityFlo (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Default Heating Problem- Help

Thanks Yaguareté this helps. Would you happen to also have schematics of the engine compartment side. So that I can determine where the hoses go to see where it might have been bypassed?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's the full diagrams for the heater and blower. One other thing I would check is the fuses. Heres a good link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ram-faq-10712/

If All that fails and you do have all the equipment in tact it could be a short in the actuator. The best thing to do at that point is to have it scanned.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
heat.pdf (3.00 MB, 217 views)