Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No luck with P0778 code for brake duty solenoid after changed both

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No luck with P0778 code for brake duty solenoid after changed both

Hi guys,

I've been trying to fix this problem for months now. Have changed both 2/4 brake duty solenoids a black and also the other white connector solenoids. Cleared the code with the. Black one first, it stayed off then came back on after ten min of driving. Then I changed the white one after waiting for a part ordered online bc jag sent me the wrong one (black) the first time. Then I did the whole process again and changed the white one but when I went to clear the code the gearbox fault code won't clear on my jag. But the code says cleared on the code scanner. Can anyone offer any help whatsoever? I'm stumped

I've also just removed the tcm to check for water but it looks dry as can be!

Please help I'm extremely frustrated now and ultimately stumped.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Jason, sent you a PM. From the sounds of things, you have a bad wire in the harness between the TCM and the tranny or there is an issue inside the TCM. I told you how to test the harness. The big things will be checking the pins at all the connections to make sure that they look like they are making good electrical connection and have a shiny, glossy look to them and are not dark, burnt looking.