Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North American International Autoshow 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default North American International Autoshow 2008

Hello all! I'll be leaving my house at 8 to be there by 9am. I'm prepared with my Canon Digital Rebel, Canon Powershot a620 and my sony dvd105. I'll have plenty of pics and videos. I'm probably gonna have to make a new web album so I don't have to pay for more capacity! Anyways are you going this year Bo? I know you said you went last year...and Ancient when you going? I'll have pics and vids asap!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: North American International Autoshow 2008

Yep, going tomorrow. Bringing the 350D, will snap a bunch of pics.

I'm going to do an assload of HDR!

We'll swap pics and stay up all night in our jammies talking about cars we liked!!!

Enjoy the show bro. Should have gone on Sunday (free parking a la parking meter)!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

Last year I parked right across the street from cobo and only paid like 10 bucks. I was paying 10 bucks to part like 10 blocks away right next to the river and than take a bus over to access cobo in that rear basement thing...I got lucky last year! I don't mind paying the 10 bucks to park especially so stinking close! Have fun Sunday I'll have pics up today hopefully!

Old 01-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Veteran Member

Man still haven't heard from bo i figured he would have seen this post and replied...oh well...sooner or later...well I went I'm loadin the probably 400-600 pics I took...i'll get an official count later...

Old 01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Well here's the link to my first set of pics. Think there were 408 pics and than I have a bunch of pics and at least a couple hundred more pics. LINK
Well when we all had first seen the first pictures of the Jaguar XF it had gotten mixed reviews. Me personally I felt the same exact way. I told my brother earlier this week that I'd buy one if I walked into 40k but after seeing it in person I have a totally differen take on it. The car to me seriously didn't look any different than any of the other cars on the street. Given the rear end looks great IMO but the rest of the car just blends. The other thing is the interior is awesome but when it comes down to overall I didn't like the car. I'd much rather spend 40k on a like-new xj or s-type r and call it a day. That car would never be worth the 40k or 50k the car will get.

Above all I was utterly ashamed to say that I drive a jaguar after seeing the display of Jaguar. It was a huge disappointment to say the least. Not only IMO did that color just not show off the car the overall quality of the display was rediculous. I mean bmw didn't have anything special but I tell you what they had a ton of every vehicle they had out there. The only cars that were there was a silver xf up top you couldn't see, the light blue one you see in the pics, 2 or 3 xk's one a hardtop supercharged and the other a covertible. There might have been one more xk but that was all. They had a super v8 and an xj-r and that rounded out there star-studded products at the show. There weren't any people explaining anything or telling anybody about the car or getting people pumped up about buying one either. They left the cars there to do their work. I tell you what though I would drive a xj any day of the week over an xf just for the fact that I don't really like it...I'm sad about that. Mainly at Ford because overall I thought ford had an awesome display and gm came in a close second IMO. I'm also biased towards ford though so that explains most of it! I'll write more shortly...

Old 01-19-2008, 07:50 PM

So how was the show, overall?

I'm looking at the temperature, and part of me doesn't want to walk outside lugging camera stuff in the arctic weather!!!

I guess I'm just really lazy right now. I played this stupid online video game for 3.5hrs. I couldn't believe my time got sucked into that for so long, and to top it off, I barely noticed!!!

Ughhh...I'm going to go watch TV and drink a beer.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait to see pix!!! Maybe I'll make it to the NAIAS one day. Looks so cool on TV

Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Man I was waiting for you guys to complain about me not pasting the link! I'm laughing if it makes you guys feel any better! The show was way better than last year. The basement had a few awesome cars. Had a custom mercedes with 30's!!! They are awesome! Ford had a sweet show gm had a sweet show bmw had a lot of cars that you could sit in...I hate mercedes...I sat in a viper for the first time (even though I've loved that car since I was in elementary school back in like 92 or 93 when I bought a poster of the first roadster with the yellow rims!) It was better than last year! I can't wait to not have to take a ton of pics some year but I'm obsessed with lots of pictures....OK here you guys go...BTW I'll have at least another 200 pics and a few videos up but thats on a different card...

North American International Autoshow 2008

BTW if you see a picture you want that isn't as big as it could be let me know the picture number and I'll email you the file from my camera. The picasa automatically downsizes the videos so that it doesn't take a day to upload. Overall those pictures which should be like 1024 pixels were uploaded in under 15 minutes...

Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  6.4 KB

Man that Audi R8 looks absolutely amazing........saw one in the flesh today and nearly crashed tryin to get a better look at her
Lovin the Mustang too...........gorgeoussssss

Thanks Aquill
Jim

Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah but I love the terminator cobra still! Plus brand new they were 34k with mystic paint and drop top. Now starting price is 54k+ extra for extras! Nice car though just can't believe the price!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice pics bro. Love that Hummer Hx

I have to disagree though with your thoughts on the XF.
We had 3 more at our dealer on Thursday. Supercharged, Luxury and Premium Luxury models.
Got to drive them. Play around with them. The car is freakin awesome. This could be the life saver for Jag. The 420Hp SV8 XF is blazingly fast. Quiet, solid ride. The center console is awesome. Pulsing start/stop switch. I love it. Can't wait for employee pricing!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member

You would have had to have been to the show than! The display jag put out was upsetting. They didn't allow you to get close enough for potential people wanting to check out the xf to do that. I'm not saying they should have let everyone see the inside or touch it, I know I wouldn't have but at that car show that ugly blue just didn't do it. I listened to people's reaction at the show and didn't hear a positive thing about it. They should have brought out a supercharged one to the show than if they are out already I don't understand why they didn't...perhaps in black to show off the car...instead they brought two of those with either frost blue or azure blue and that is ugly. I was psyched to see the car and than I saw it[:'(] I was very disappointed with jag overall as there was truly no difference in display other than NO X-TYPE at all, the xf was on the big display and there was one on another display that you could get closer to. Other than that the display was same old same old. I only wanted them to have an awesome one because I want jag to do better. I just feel like they (ford actually) shortchanged themselves. This year all I heard were people looking to potentially buy almost every car they were looking at. I've never heard talk of that in the other 4 years I've gone. I was just sad, I know the interior is awesome, the rear end looks sweet but to me the front and rest of the car looks like any other sedan driving down the road. You don't really have that distinguished look that you get with the other ones. If the rear wasn't on there and the front badging wasn't on the car you would or others would never know it was a jag. That is my favorite part of my car, other than the leaper!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:56 PM

Terminators are amazing! I don't like that purple mystic or whatever it's called. I prefer black, and go stealth.

Best video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xj-gfajtQ

Old 01-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: ancientsanskrit
Terminators are amazing! I don't like that purple mystic or whatever it's called. I prefer black, and go stealth.
Best video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xj-gfajtQ
I'll give ya a "HELL YEAH" on that one ancient.
The whine off that baby sends shivers down my spine[8D]

Jim

Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah thats my favorite video as well! I've posted that one multiple times in the last year!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are some nice cars man!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member

You look at the pics of the show jason?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't think I saw any pics including the models. I'm at work, so can't confirm it, as for some reason, I can't get into Picasa.

What gives? This post is useless without pics including hot models!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah...That's called I'm married! There's your answer!

Old 01-27-2008, 01:46 PM

Heh, not a problem; I got you covered.

Went at last second's notice to the NAIAS. Snapped over a thousand pictures, and well these are probably the ones you guys will enjoy most.

BTW, pictures are kinda large, so beware.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/IMG_1190.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/IMG_1032.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/IMG_1038.jpg

I actually had to ask her to move out of the way!!! She was really sweet, but I wanted to take pictures of the GT-R!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/IMG_1152.jpg

Yum!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...5/IMG_1226.jpg

Finally, the hotest babe you're likely ever to see in your life:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...15/meatdia.jpg

Quick Reply: North American International Autoshow 2008