X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOW with added issues...Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOW with added issues...Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(

Wow after a lot of months busting butt at work to get a promotion i finally have free time to mess around on the internet to read and contribute to the forum.
But my my kitty is giving me troubles as are the dealers testing my nerves. to the point i may just go and buy a toyota (i will be posting my experiences as time allows)

its good to see all the new members and some old ones too!

i hope myexperienceswill help others, as much as the board helped me a while ago.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(

Will be sorry to see you go.
As you said, please post concerns - see if we can help.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

You may sell your X or not why you deprive yourself from a great pleasure that zou no longer post here.Bear in min I'm the top poster among members without X

Old 01-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Ok i really really dont want to sell. i love my kitty

Issues i have had since i was last on here;

I got alot of help with my head lights from everyone(thank you). So it was that the metal part of the bulb was glued into the wires three years ago when the previous owner took it to jag dealer. so when i took it in after alot of trying, they told me headlights are not under select edition the needed to re wire the connector. I shelled out more $$$ than i wanted but they were nice and cut the price on the second key i bought. (man those key things are pricey).
While i was there i said my rear speaker sound faint. they looked at that too and told my it was my fader and balance. (i am not stupid i know how to use the fader and balance on a radio and the rear 6in speakers on the door still werent working) i left a tad sour but they were very nice.

THE MAIN ISSUE I HAD was this summer when only on speaker was working, the passenger front and the sub in the back. the cd changer never worked since i bought it. I took it in, and told them i think the speakers are blown and the cd doenst work. last time the rear went out but now the drivers side is gone.the guy inspected it and told me it was the head unit. its covered under SE and they need to order the part and order me a new jaguar cd changer.they will call me to bring the in. Well nobody called me so i called them and they said we got it today come by tomorrow. I bring wait 4 hours and they say its ready, i get in drive off and turn on the radio, and nothing they replaced the head unit and cd changer but it didnt fix the speaker problem or the cd issue, plus there was dust all over from cutting something. are you serious they didnt check to see if things work after they install something?? ( well i didnt check till i was driving)
i drive back in and was nice and calm, explained my issue. the guy looked at it again and now says its the amp that the premium alpine sound system has. i mentioned are you sure its not the speakers? he said the speakers look new. (Look are u serious look, how about testing them) i bit my tongue cause he is a jag tech i and i am an accountant. well they had to order that part too, i was to come back. thats whe i made a fuss, cause i already went 1 and a half with out a raido and now longer? i had to put up a fight to get a loaner car. well a week and two days went by i called and they said its not ready because they installed the amp and now need to replace the speakers, they told me to come in on saturday. came in and it wasnt ready had to come back a few days later,
well get the car the speakers work, but the cd changer still doesnt. I just give up and try to be happy that i have new speakers, amp, head unit, and new cd changer that doesnt work. plus it cost me no $$$ so i took it for what its worth.

next major issue, when fall-winter hit my windows were fogging really bad took it in to a different dealer told them the issue plus my rear shocke are skweeking.they looked at it and also did a "free complimentary check" of the car.
they came back and told me that the recirculation flap was broke and no fresh air was coming in. thats going to cost me $380 to fix and will take a day. they will give me a loaner. and tht my rear brakes plus rotorsneed to be replaced at a cost of $735. and the shocks were to cost, i cant remeber off the top of my head. But none of it is covered under select edition.
So i told him to fix the fogging thing for $360
i will do my own brakes when it gets warmer $735 is way too much (rip off) and i will wait on the shocks.
i got my car back that day and no more foggy windows!!! but empty pocket

no i have another issue I POSTD it under Master Deeps issue with the whinning sound cause its the same. and am taking it in thursday.

the dealers are always extreemly nice but one's service sucks and the others prices are insane, the third dealer never can get me in and they so dang rude.

I love my jag but i dont feel loved by the dealers and my front suspension. doesnt sound that good when i hit a bump

ok gotta do some work now, i am out.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:22 PM

The same as any other business really. Lets do something cheap. Go to a Dennys. Order something. Then the next day go to a different Dennys. Man I hate Dennys, but anyway, the service may be completely different at each one.

Even within my own dealer, there are some techs I would trust to work on my car. There are others that I would never let sit in it let alone work on it. That is not just Jag. That is true of any car line anywhere in the world.

The sound from your front suspension is more than likely your front control arms. Have them change them under select.

You cd changer not working maybe just programming of the audio unit. I would have them correct this also when you go back. The system should all be working.

The brake job will more than likely cost the same at any dealer due to the fact the parts costs went up on the 1st of the year due to exchange rate. Remember they get the parts from the UK whose currency is approx twice the value of ours at this time.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  7.4 KB

Hey housegroove......nice to see you around again mate.
Sorry to hear you have had issues with your X....Whether you sell or not, hopefully you'll stick around.

There's some serious Jag Tech help n advice available here now as you can see, so maybe that'll help.

Good luck

Jim

Old 01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Default RE: NOW with added issues...Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(

Good looking out Jag Tech,

I hear what your saying, its just me as a consumer i expect MORE for the name Jaguar, if this happened to me with mymazda i wouldnt even complain and just take it in stride. But its Jaguar the name in my mind used to hold quality, experianced techsand superior customer service. plus paying $115 an hour for labor, i expect more knowledge and expertise. I guess i am just bitter from the couple bad experiances i had.

I wish i could have them check the front control arms but mY SELECT ran out in December

I asked them to check the optical cable the first time i had them look at the radio and CD, they never did. But i will ask them about programing it when i go this week. Is there a tech website were i could get the codes to try this myself?

The brakes i will do once it gets warm, and i will do front and back all at once with EBC red stuff, (hope my rotors dont need to be replaced)

Another example, it was below zero for a week and a half here in chicago. my driver side headlight went out. its way to cold to change myself, and i need to head out to the suburbs on the weekend, and suburb cops will pull you over for anything i was pulled over for 2 miles over the speed limit once and once for having my interior map lights on while driving???
so i took it into the dealer to get fixed, cost me $82.00, the bulb was $14.49 the rest was labor. and to top it off the were out of free coffee.

Jimc64,

so i read the you have a A6 and a mondeo now? The jag techs here are a mass of great info, makes me feel bad i cant contribute like they do. So i take it racer x is gone, lose one andget 7 more knowledgable people, NICE!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: NOW with added issues...Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: housegroove77
Jimc64,
so i read the you have a A6 and a mondeo now? The jag techs here are a mass of great info, makes me feel bad i cant contribute like they do. So i take it racer x is gone, lose one andget 7 more knowledgable people, NICE!!!
Yep to all of the above mate, hopefully the extra help n knowledge now available will help you with your probs and mean that you'll stay with us and the marque. Failingthat, leave and we'll hunt you down

Jim

Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM

The $82.00 for replacing a headlamp bulb sounds a little excessive. Warranty pays 0.2 hours to do the job. Customer pay would be 0.3 hours. That would be $34.50 at 115.00 per hour. So I would argue that labour charge personally.

There are no codes so to speak for programming your audio unit. It needs IDS to do it. Not available to the public. You said it is cold, so you not in Florida. Also you said the suburbs, so I would have to say you up north somewhere. Otherwise I could have dont it for you.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:13 PM

sorry it was $72 and the labor was $100 and hour. so i was charged for .52 hours of labor?

FJT when i do my road trip to flordia in April i will be taking out out for a few brew's just because you help alot of us non mechanics on here. THANK YOU!!!

I take my baby in tomorrow to the dealer that did my radio to check out that sound i have been getting that master deep has too. (this dealer is the cheaper of the three in my area).

question will the dealer just replace pads if i ask them or are they required to replace rotors? (short on cash after christmas)

so JimC depending on the price will determine if i sell my cat. But i will still always stay around and brag about the benz i bought!!! (that was a shot at the frombenz guy)

Old 01-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37

Nice one housegroove..........I'm the same althopugh I do try to tone it down from a deafening roar as I know it doesn't go down too well..........sumthin maybe frombenz shoulda learned[&:]
I'll be keeping my eye on you

Jim

Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey there housegroove sorry to hear about the problems. I had a clunk in my front passenger side and thought it was a control arm but it ended up being a strut bushing or something of that nature. I don't know what it costs but they replaced the whole unit on mine. I'll have to grab the paperwork...I'd do the brakes myself if I were you. You should be able to get ebc rotors and padsd for under 700.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 PM

aquill broham good to see you are a moderator now!!!

i would do my own brakes but the wind chill is below zero and its gonna snow some more. unfortunatly i dont have a garage (live in the city) and nobody i know has a heated garage. same reason i had them do my headlight, it sucks paying for things i can do myself

Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

nothing is meant to be perfect

Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Bad news hit the housegroove77 home.
see post;
https://www.jaguarforums.com/m_39128/tm.htm
for what the dealer told me [:@]

Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 51
Views: 39

PMA mate.....PMA
No negative thoughts housegroove.......don't help mate!
These problems have been sorted / fixed / avoided before and can be again.

See original post!

Jim

Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear housegroove...hopefully a flush and fill will fix...keep in mind THIS HAS FIXED MANY CARS NOT JUST JAGS! My aunt jennifer had a 96 or 97 taurus with the 3.0 that was having mad tranny issues. She ended up selling it to my grandma for a couple hundred bucks and my grandpa did a flush and fill and the my grandma has been driving the car since...that was 3 years ago...have some hope mate! If you must sell it take it to a dealer and off it...I wouldn't want the shame of selling it to a poor person that buys it...

Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Sorry jimc64, i had the weekend to calm the housegroove down (trying the third person thing). I have come to grips with my anger[:@] and its all sunshine, gumdropsand baby kittens.

Aquill, I will do the flush once it stops snowing and its warmer out, i could never sell a busted up car to a person i would fell like a horible person. but at the end of the summer when i get a different car i am trading in right back to the same dealer. (i will feel like a horrible person still but not as bad)

caddy, Perfection is only the blindness of flaws. (yeah you can quote me on that)

TG, are you in the chicago land area? cause if your dealer was that good i wanna go there?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 50
Views: 41

Nice to see the ole PMA is kicking in there housegroove, can be hard at times I know.

Good luck with it and keep us posted

Jim

Quick Reply: NOW with added issues...Nice!!! alot of new people to the forum. Just as i might sell :(