Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

number1stun, can't PM you back

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,924 Likes on 3,223 Posts
Default number1stun, can't PM you back

Stun, based on what you are describing, it sounds like you have either a power issue going to the Engine Control Unit (ie, the computer that controls how the engine runs) or the ECU is going bad. What happened is that the ECU wasn't able to see the engine and therefore didn't know what to do. So, to be safe, it essentially turned itself off. ECU don't work, the spark plugs don't fire, therefore the motor will not fire or run.

Now, the question is what caused the ECU to do this. I would tell you to first go to an auto parts store and get the code that is causing the check engine light to be on. That will tell you a lot about what is going on. It will probably say something to the effect of "unable to complete drive mode". Get this code (or codes, may be more than one) and let me know what they are. From there I can make a much better diagnosis of what is going on with your car. But, it may be possible that you will end up at a shop to have them fix this. Granted, with the car running fine, there may not be much they can do without spending tons of time on the car (ie, large repair bill due to hours of work). But, the code(s) will give me a better idea of what you can expect.

Originally Posted by number1stun
I was driving and the my 04 xtype just died , stalled as I drove thru a intersection then it wouldn turn over but not start , for about twenty minutes I tried starting it ... nothing so I called a tow truck , ,,, tow arrived and told me to put car in neutrul to Load it on the flatbed but I couldn't get the shifter to move out of park weird ,, so he started to drag my baby , about a foot of dragging he turned the key to move the steering wheel to line up the car with tow truck and the darn thing started right up so he threw the car into neutral , brought it to my house and the car has been starting fine for two days but the check engine light is on ,,, please help I'm very confused