Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park Aid Diagnosis. (FAQ)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default the rear parcel shelf.

Originally Posted by Real_Tech
If you can hear the sensors "ticking" are you getting a solid beep when first put into reverse? If not you may just have a speaker problem with the park aid. It's not very common but if you're getting sound from all sensors you should at least have the default long beep signifying a problem. The sounder speaker for the park aid is mounted on the rear parcel shelf.

Where is the rear parcel shelf?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:56 AM

Where is the rear parcel shelf for the parking aid module speaker?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Good info about the fuse F33 and the rear parcel shelf

Thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by searanch
Does anyone know where the Parking Aid Speaker location is in a 05 s-type Estate Sportwagon? I think it's in the passenger side rear door column. If it is, how do ya get at it or put another way how do you disassemble the column cover?

This started out after my wife left the car outside in Seattle while in Mexico for 7 weeks and as it does in Seattle it pissed with rain daily and left almost six inches of water in the spare tire well. While she was driving home she called me to let me hear all this racket coming from the rear of the car. The parking module was obviously partially under water which I determined after she got home. A loose rubber seal on the wiring harness on the top of the rear hatch door was the offending contributer.

Once drained and the module removed/cleaned the speaker was sort of making half squawks and died. If the module was history the speaker should just continuously beep while in reverse but the speaker appears to have died like the parrot in a Monty Python sketch.

Naturally my wife who has managed to live her entire life without Parking Assist now can't f**kin' live without it now. Jaysus somedays I wonder why I even get out of bed...
On an Estate if you're standing at the back looking forward it's behind the panel on your left (drivers side) you'll see the little speaker attached to it.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement sensor??

does anyone have a website where i can purchase a spare parking sensor?? 3 out of the 4 sensors are clicking when i checked them. i removed the faulty one and ive been searching online for hours for a replacement. i live nowhere near a jaguar dealership and i really would like to just buy one online. please?! help! i know there has to be someone online that has them!???

Old 11-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Default I have high frequency clicks but no beeps from speaker

Hi good info thanks I have checked all sensors and they all have high frequency but no beeps from the speaker when I put in reverse. Can someone tell me where the speaker is exactly at the rear parcel shelf? Oh I have a 2001 x-type.

Nick

Old 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM

The factory fit the speaker on the estate on the right hand side (looking from rear) just behind the rear door just into the headlining,options are fitted on lefthand rear by satnav.all my sensors are ticking there is no sound when i put ignition on after finding and changing speaker it has made no difference,no sound at all.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tommy-tipper
The factory fit the speaker on the estate on the right hand side (looking from rear) just behind the rear door just into the headlining,options are fitted on lefthand rear by satnav.all my sensors are ticking there is no sound when i put ignition on after finding and changing speaker it has made no difference,no sound at all.
HI Tommy

I've got an 04 Estate, NA model of course but if I'm standing at thew back looking in, there are 2 hatch type things, one on each side, on mine I have the Premier sound so on the left is the Subwoofer and on the right is where the phone would install and the stacker and the parking assistance. It has the speaker stuck right to the frame. Unfortunately with mine the park assist module died, not the sensor, there is nothing coming from any of the sensorsm they worked originally, last year in the snow they would go continuously for 10 seconds when I fired the car up. Then nothing.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 AM

I have the 2003 X-type saloon and I have not located my faulty reversing aid buzzer and even removed the speaker assembly (which is very heavy) from the back shelve but no Buzzer around the whole area. Why is this so difficult to find I fixed the reversing lights I heard a small squawk once for the buzzer then silence. But were is this darn little buzzer located even the manual only give general a indication as the rear shelve area. Frustrating!! Jaguar why so difficult!!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:46 AM

Hi, I think I have detected that the problem in my parking is the wiring on the drivers side I have replaced the sensor but do not get a ticking noise from this side, but the sensor when swapped to the other side ticks. What suggestions to the wiring, might the plug or should I have to strip back the harness and how far.Thanks in advance for you help. Tony

Old 08-29-2015, 06:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Removeing parking sensors

S-Type 2.7D 2005
Has anyone removed the front outer parking sensors and rear outer sensors without removing the bumpers?...if so how do you access them.

Also the center ones, what do you think the chances are of removing then by carefully drilling out and the retaining ring then extracting them from the front?? will the wires or connection allow you to do this? would be a nice fix if this could be done.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Red face ever been had on ebay parking harness

Hi, Thanks for the replies. Actually I have now done all of the test and it is definitely the driver side wire / plug connection that is not working, this is sad because I brought the new harness a few months ago off eBay as a new harness that had not been fitted or used but that had been opened to photograph for the e bay pics .

Normally find jag people on e bay honest.

I had taken the bumper off to fit the new harness, all the bolts were corroded and it took the best part of the day to take of and refit.

I supose I will have to source a new harness again .

Old 08-30-2015, 10:49 AM

Hi, well I have now got another tested parking sensor harness, no messing bumper off new harness fitted and tested and bumper replaced 3 hors work including tea break , not bad for a novice.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Default Jaguar X type 2008 estate

Hi Folks,
My front and rear parking sensors are not working, it has been this way since I bought the car.
The spare wheel well did get full of water, but this has been dried out now, so I guess the sensor module might be damaged.
What I am confused by though is that reading through comments on here it seems as if I should still hear a loud solid state beep when in reverse but I hear nothing.
I will check the sensors tonight to see if I can hear any "ticking" to see if they are ok.
Can someone advise me if I should be hearing the beep, or is this not going to sound if the actual module is damaged?
I have been quoted £185 + Vat to fit new module, sound good? Or is it easy to replace yourself as I'd be up for trying.
One last question - at base of spare wheel well I have a small hole, should there be a small bung in this or is it open on purpose?

Thanks

Old 10-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if it is possible to retro-fit reversing sensors to a 2004 X-type estate?
They are on my brothers '04 petrol X estate and my previous '02 S-type.
Any help or guidance to a forum section would be appreciated.
DaveP.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts
Old 09-12-2021, 08:24 PM
Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Does anybody know where the parking sensor module is on a sport wagon 2005 thanks!

Old 09-13-2021, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Post 28 above

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...module-139095/

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 09-13-2021 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:04 AM
Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks I'm guessing that's a Euro spec car mine's opposite but what is a stacker?

Old 06-16-2023, 06:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2013 XF that has decided the parking aid sensors are on vacation. There is a long high pitch sound coming thru the audio system with a warning on the instrument panel. A complete interrogation of faults (Autel) does not indicate any codes from which to diagnose the problem. I have dismantled the front and rear bumper covers, cleaned each sensor and examined for cracks or odd appearance, checked the resistance of the wiring harness front and back, inspected and checked the resistance of the wiring that is routed thru the trunk/boot right hinge, removed the tail trim and inspected the coax camera wiring, measured the resistance of each sensor with the following results.
Sensor / Ground (YE/OG)-Signal / Power (VT/GN)-Signal
LF. 5.9 M 0.712 M
LFM 5.6 M 0.565 M
RFM 6.6 M 0.643 M
RF 7.6 M 0.560 M
LR 34.7 K 0.421 M
LRM. 28.2 K 0.406 M
RRM. 29.7 K 0.402 M
RR. 10.2 K 0.385 M

Does anyone know what the range of acceptable resistance is for the front & rear parking aid sensors?
I am surprised that the ground-signal resistance between the front and rear sensors is so different with the power-signal resistance fairly close. Any information on the proper testing procedure for these "wonderful" (see useless) sensors would be helpful.

Quick Reply: Park Aid Diagnosis. (FAQ)