X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts

Dear All I am very happy to be part of this forum and I have always been benefiting from your answers. Just a quick introduction, I live in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) and I drive Jaguar X Type 2009 model. I have problems with the cooling fan and the alternator. The service advisor has informed me that both these parts need replacements. I have two questions, can anyone recommend me a website where I can buy genuine parts or a place in Abu Dhabi to get my Jaguar fixed. Thank you in advance

Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

I don't know about local shops but a great place for parts for you would be SNG Barratt. They are a forum sponsors and have european operations. You can go to their website and download a free catalog for you vehicle.

The following users liked this post:
SNG Barratt USA (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

What kinds of problems are you having with the cooling fans and the alternator? Most common issue with the cooling fans is the module goes bad. Is the car overheating at all?

As for the alternator, those are typically pretty bullet proof. Could be an issue with your battery cables. Maybe check them and see if they are extremely hot to the touch.