X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Panamera Wheels - another will my wheel setup fit thread...

Old 05-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Panamera Wheels - another will my wheel setup fit thread...

Little back story-- I purchased a set of Porsche Panamera Turbo S wheels for an 02 Volvo S60, which I lost a couple of weeks back. Long story and really don't want to talk about it lost the timing belt due to a had tensioner). The wheels measure out at 19x10 61et for the rear, and 19x9 60et for the fronts.

I found my 02 XType while windowshopping on eBay and now I im stressing myself over this wheels and tires combo I have sitting in my room. The tries are are at 275/39/19 Rear and 235/35/19 up front. I want to leave the stock height and hopefully purchase some adapters that will make this all work.

I've seen a member here named Execepet pull off some great looking wheels: some 10" wide and some that are 20" wheels. With the stock height in mind, I feel that I'm somewhere in the middle by judging his past setups.

What do you guys think, Can I pull this off?

Old 05-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by RG XType
Little back story-- I purchased a set of Porsche Panamera Turbo S wheels for an 02 Volvo S60, which I lost a couple of weeks back. Long story and really don't want to talk about it lost the timing belt due to a had tensioner). The wheels measure out at 19x10 61et for the rear, and 19x9 60et for the fronts.

I found my 02 XType while windowshopping on eBay and now I im stressing myself over this wheels and tires combo I have sitting in my room. The tries are are at 275/39/19 Rear and 235/35/19 up front. I want to leave the stock height and hopefully purchase some adapters that will make this all work.

I've seen a member here named Execepet pull off some great looking wheels: some 10" wide and some that are 20" wheels. With the stock height in mind, I feel that I'm somewhere in the middle by judging his past setups.

What do you guys think, Can I pull this off?

Few typos -- the rear tires are 275/30/19 et61

Old 05-15-2018, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

being an AWD dont all the wheels and tires need to be the same size?

Old 05-15-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by iownme
being an AWD dont all the wheels and tires need to be the same size?
They are even with the staggered fitment.

If you go to tiresize.com and match up my tire sizes, I'm off by a mm, if that. I also confirmed the tire sizes with discount tire for an awd and they approved the tire ratings. The Volvo's AWD system is a bit more sensitivery with overall tire diameter biad so I made sure I got that down to the T.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

RG: You're correct - these tires are the same diameter.

Different question: Will you drive many miles / year on them? I ask because the staggered tires on my S430 AMG last only ~10K miles rear and ~15K miles front. Mileage warranties don't help: tire makers cut the warranty 50% for staggered tires you can't rotate front to rear. At ~$300 per tire, it's not fun buying ~4 replacements every year after year.

So I punted, bought rear wheels that match the front, and now rotate & balance regularly for ~40K mile tread life.

Not suggesting you do the same; just my 2 cents on the downside of staggered tires on a daily driver.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by dwclapp
RG: You're correct - these tires are the same diameter.

Different question: Will you drive many miles / year on them? I ask because the staggered tires on my S430 AMG last only ~10K miles rear and ~15K miles front. Mileage warranties don't help: tire makers cut the warranty 50% for staggered tires you can't rotate front to rear. At ~$300 per tire, it's not fun buying ~4 replacements every year after year.

So I punted, bought rear wheels that match the front, and now rotate & balance regularly for ~40K mile tread life.

Not suggesting you do the same; just my 2 cents on the downside of staggered tires on a daily driver.
Wishfully thinking I don't think this car will last past another 40k miles. I am pretty much stuck with what I have at hand far as wheel and tire setup goes.

Here is a pic of what I purchased. At $500 shipped I won't argue with the staggered fitment though it was not something I went out to achieve.