Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Problems

Okay, so my back passenger side wheels sqeuck going over bumps ( i think its a bushing problem), theres rust on my car, which i'd like to fix, and the two windsheild vents in my car have come off. And on top, my cars heating/ aircondittioning only come out the two center vents, and not the side ones. How much money will it cost me, and what can i do to fix these probelms.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I just did the first hand wash of the year on my car and I was devastated. Rust inside both front doors right under hinges. Rust under hood. Rust on rear bumper where my chrome license plate rusted from salt and transfered to car (should have picked up on that earlier) . Tiny rust specs on front bumper, lower rear bumper, and on sides of car. Some near the Gas cap cover. So many tiny specs.

So i need urgent help too. Car has been detailed frequently and I take it through touchless car washes 2x a week all winter. NO idea how this could have happened. I'm shocked. And sad thing, corrosion warranty on my car just expired last November. Otherwise all of this rust would have been taken care of.

So guys I need rust help. Never had rust on any others cars even when they were 12 years old. And those cars were barely washed and never detailed. So how do I take care of this problem and keep it from spreading?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah same, i took it out, cleaned it up, and i found rust, i was so pissed. But yreha i need help withother stuff too

Old 05-20-2009, 11:54 AM

The windshield vents just pop back in. They have those push pins on them. Originally they were plastic and the dash vents kept rattling. So jaguar changed them to metal or something to get rid of the problem.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,824 Likes on 3,143 Posts

Unfortunately, if you have surface rust on body panels, then the only way to get rid of it is to have the car repainted. You have to physically sand the rust off of the car which will remove paint too. Now, there are products out there that will stop the rust and prevent further spread, but this stuff won't apply flat and has a dark grey/black look to it. It would probably work on areas like the door jam where it is out of sight. But, if you have it on the underside of the doors or on body panels, might look a bit tacky until you get the car painted. Wish the answer was better, but that is the short strokes of it all.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, well i don't know what to do, get the rust fixed, or all the other damage first.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the rust inside my doors on the rocker panel area right behind my front wheels. I had it fixed right before my warranty expired. Good thing...the rust was so bad (you couldn't see it all), that there was almost nothing holding the front end of my car to the rest of the body. Jaguar had to eat a $12,500 repair bill, plus 59 days of the cost of a rental car.

If you car is out of warranty, and is having this problem....well...the answer is obvious.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by BigK
I saw the rust inside my doors on the rocker panel area right behind my front wheels. I had it fixed right before my warranty expired. Good thing...the rust was so bad (you couldn't see it all), that there was almost nothing holding the front end of my car to the rest of the body. Jaguar had to eat a $12,500 repair bill, plus 59 days of the cost of a rental car.

If you car is out of warranty, and is having this problem....well...the answer is obvious.
omg this is exactly what I have. Really bad on the passenger side. Never even noticed since i don't open that door myself ever. Dad pointed it out one day. It's not as bad (but still bad) on the drivers side. Same place. I got suspicious after finding the passenger side rust that I checked my entire car out.

I really wish Jaguar had something like Audi's 12 year corrosion warranty.

$12,500!?!?! What work did they do to the car to fix it?

Last edited by Master Deep; 05-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member

yeah, i have the same problem, im planning on geting a estimate this weekend and seeing if its even workth it, its my first car and i love but, its already falling to the cancer

Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM

Rust can't really be stopped. I'm not spraying some black stuff on my silver car. It's just going to keep spreading.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

Sigh, so what do i do, do get it repaired and see from there or what.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Ya so my car on KBB is worth $5k trade in and $7k Private Party...

So i'm not even going to bother getting all the panels repainted. It would cost more than the car is worth.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member

i payed 12 grand exact for mine, but im plannng on keeping it for a decade or something, is it worth it.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 PM

Well first get an estimate. Then you can decide if you only want to fix some problems or all of them or none at all.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, and my sunroof broke today, the button, ( fdacing to the rear) dosen't even work anymore, for some unknown reason

Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
yeah, and my sunroof broke today, the button, ( fdacing to the rear) dosen't even work anymore, for some unknown reason
Damn that sucks. Man if my sunroof broke I'd get it fixed ASAP. I can't live without having my sunroof open while driving when its nice out.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

i fixed the sunroof my self, i just had to reprogram it, very simple, and they want a 150 dollars just to look at the fricking thing, and whatever work it need on top.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my X-TYPE in late 2002 (demonstrator) for $35,000 (bit more that 1/2 the price new since it was loaded with everything and Nav.... I've had so much replaced under warranty that it would take too long to list.... and a fight all the way.... BUT I did have my car sprayed with oil every year, that was a fight that went all the way up to Ford, who finally agreed that I could spray the car without voiding the rust warranty. Ford's argument that the car was sealed with wax and oil would breakdown that seal.... long battle but in the end and in writing they agreed I could spray.... guess what... nearly 7 years later there is no rust... nowhere... with that said I don't take my car out in the winter lately (last 2 years), I have an HHR for that and it is rusting really bad... if GM and my dealership survives they have about 12K repairs planned, blaming it on the salt slurry they spray on the highways now, that slurry gets into everything and never comes out so in the summer the salt crystallize and starts breaking down the paint... then the metal... then it is all over.... so I understand from GM's regional manager.... all new panels for the HHR if they survive.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:21 AM

GM's and Chrysler's warranties r covered by the Government as far as I know. So you should be able to get the work done now. not later.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Yea agreed, i actaully though of getting rid of my x, and going to get something from gm, becuasehow cheap/ and good stuff there offering, its just the rust is pissing me off, ill get comments like " Nice car, o wait you got some rust" and that completely ruins the moment for me.

Quick Reply: Problems