Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about HID's

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default quick question about HID's

i see that my hid kit is going to be delivered today and wanted to know one thing. I have read about splicing two wires togather, one a + and -. does any one know which wire is which? thanks

Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts
Default RE: quick question about HID's

When I did mine, it didn't really matter. One didn't light up, the other did. Should be no worry about accidentally getting it wrong, but checking the JTIS will tell you for sure which one is the plus (+).

Somebody want to send jvegas the external lighting page from the electrical guide of the JTIS for his __ x-type?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

I would, but it's on the home computer.

Today is the big day huh. Going to install tonight?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

yup! as soon as they get here i have been waiting all frickin day for the UPS guy to show up! i will photo the whole thing.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yellow and brown..from what I can remember yellow is + and brown is -. No electrical tester? I'm about 95% those are the colors...make sure you do some before and aft pics!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

i will do the pics if the damn lights ever show up! i have been waiting all day for these things! thanks for the wire help.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Last day I actually waited for the UPS guy...it was 6:30pm - probably his last delivery.[:@] grrrr!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member

Last time I waited for ups I figured I was the last stop...package was on the truck according to headquarters...well closing time and i call them...he's still on the road...after closing "the package is still at headquarters"...can I pick it up? " No we must attempt to deliver it first!" WTF??? You told me it was on the truck coming to me and than you say they forgot it...I'm picking that freaking package up from your shop!

End Result: I picked it up from ups that night!

If your waiting for ups, I feel sorry for you!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

well the kit showed up at 7pm! after ripping stuff out, drilling holes, and cutting wires i noticed that they sent me H11 bulbs when i need H1 bulbs!!!! WTF!!! i am so pissed right now. my car is in frickin pieces and i now have to try and find a way to put the OEM lights back in (i did not leave enough wire on the clips to do so!) and get the car going. i also broke the plastic level thing in the drivers headlight! what a bad night.......

Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry about your situation.
Hard lesson learned - never take anything apart until you look at what you got.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Veteran Member

Man sorry about that...that sucks...get a hold of jason I'm pretty sure he has a set of h1's and he needs I believe h11's for his fogs...just a thought...get a hold of them (mydepot) asap but the guy isn't too helpful when you have a problem...

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Veteran member

That totally blows, I am truly sorry. Return them if you can and pay extra for overnighting so you can get it taken care of ASAP (consider it self punishment for an error) Now, just relax, take a few deep breaths and tell yourself it's not the worst thing that can happen. The project will be completed, it's just a delay.

Now, for the tab on the headlight, are we talking the same ones that frombenz2jag broke? Is it the same one that was superglued back together by another forum member and reused? If so, gives you 2 days to repair that while you wait for the new bulbs. Stay busy, less time to beat yourself up.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

i called that mydepots guy. he sucks. all he did was say "contact me with MSN". kind of like i would say "hello is anyone there, i can't hear you" Mydepots- "contact me with MSN" ME- "well i bought these lights and i had a question" Mydepots- "contact me with MSN" all of this while he was on speaker phone in the bathroom or something! I sent him a message through ebay as well as an email. I will give him 24 hours then I will dispute the charge with Paypal. As for that broke tab- I am going to wait untill I get my new lights then fix it after I install them so I don't break it again. I have a feeling i will end up buying a whole new houseing because of aiming issues. i will post what little pics i have in the next few days of the half install and of the white LED's on the high beams. Jason if you read this let me know if you want to trade.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

mydepots replied to my email, he said "send my another $25 and i will ship out the correct bulbs." now at this point i almost did just that but then i thought why should i pay $25 for his mistake?? i sent him an email asking him why i am paying for his mistake but got no answer yet. should io just pay the $25 and be done with it?

Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

ORIGINAL: jvegas
should io just pay the $25 and be done with it?
It really depends how frustrated you are. You could do it, feel guilty for awhile, and be over it, or you can stick to your guns and politely reply that it was HIS mistake, and he can make everything right by shipping you new bulbs. Explain that a paypal claim is the only recourse for unfavorable responses to resolve an obvious seller error, and in the meantime, you'll order a new set HID kit from another retailer. In the end, he'll end up refunding you your money, AND paying for any shipping of the item back to him. Try to make him realize that it is in everyone's best interest that he send you the new bulbs free (and fast) and you'll ship him back the other ones after you receive them.

At least that's what I would do...and have done before in the past, somewhat. Good luck.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

...or, you can offer to paypal him another $25 as a 'deposit' in case the other bulbs do not get returned to him. If you make it clear in your paypal description, and get confirmation of a receipt that he did get the old ones later on, he will have to 'refund' your money...or get a claim filed..in which you would obviously win, because you have proof.

Did I mention that I have won a prior paypal dispute? If you have all the documentation you need, you can't lose.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow...sorry to hear about the confusion. Communication with ebay wholesalers can be frustrating.. I've definitely been there myself.
Personally I wouldn't Pay Pal him another dime. At best, I'd pay for the shipping of the incorrect lights back to him, and expect him to pick up the tab for the shipping of the correct ones.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

well here is what i did, i sent him the $25 he wanted and he said i would have the new ones in 5 days. i am going to keep the H11's he sent me and either sell them on ebay for like $50 or i hope jason reads this and perhaps will trade me his H1's for my H11's so i will it least have half of what i need for the fogs.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Well that's not too bad. I was thinking you were going to have to send him $25 more, *and* the original lights! I think you'll come out ahead when it's all said and done.
You know, you could always do some research and find out what kind of cars use a H11 size headlight bulb, find a forum or two for those cars, and see if you can find a buyer.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

now watch him send me the wrong color!! LOL

Quick Reply: quick question about HID's