X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator fan assembly replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator fan assembly replacement.

So I think I'm going to have to replace the dual radiator fans on the '04 x-type (the lower fan seized and it seems that it fried 2 control modules that I bought from the junk yard). I'm thinking of getting the newer cooling fan module.

1. I understand that I will need an adapter harness to power the newer modules. Will I also need harnesses for the fans to connect to the newer module?

2. Or am I stuck with used cooling fan modules and 04 fan assembly for the x-type?

Old 08-16-2017, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

Just the one harness. If you intent on keeping the car, go for new OEM fans. When the fans in my old 04 gave out I tried 3 things that did not work. First I tried replacing the offending fan itself minus the shroud and module. That didn't last. Then I put a used OEM complete fan. It made weird noises and stopped working too. Then I tried a new aftermarket fans made for the X. (Doorman??) that never pulled enough air to keep the a/c cool. Waste of my time money and effort .

Old 08-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll go check out the newer fans and module and keep you guys updated. I'll go check out the junkyard and see if I can find a fan assembly...at least, I can practice on how to take it out.