Sponsored by:

Replace transmission assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 04:03 AM
XiZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace transmission assembly

Hi guys,

I sent my 2006 X-type to dealership for diagnosis. My vehicle has a P720 code saying speed sensor fault. Dealership took 300 dollars for diagnosis and told me to replace the transmission assembly, costing 3200 dollars. Ridiculous! Do you guys recommend me to replace the transmission assembly in dealership or should I go to a local repair shop to do another diagnosis? Jaguar dealership is definitely killing me!

Thanks,
Xiz

Old 03-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I would definitely search for other opinions, but if they all come back with the same results, you may be stuck with that. Just make sure you are dealing with certified techs and warranties on the work that is done.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:35 AM
XiZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gophat
I would definitely search for other opinions, but if they all come back with the same results, you may be stuck with that. Just make sure you are dealing with certified techs and warranties on the work that is done.
Excuse me. What is a certified tech? How can I find it?

Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

When you walk into any automotive repair shop they should have a certificate on the wall with an emblem in it with the year stamped. Usually it is ASE if you are in the states. Some type of institutional certificate or documentation stating that they are what they say they are. Maybe some sort of educational background in the automotive field. In the states they can have a shop and not be certified, they usually make you sign waivers so they are not held liable if they damage your vehicle more than what it is. I usually go for certified and insured automotive repair centers. If not, then the dealer.