X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replaced navy - immobiliser problem

Old 03-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced navy - immobiliser problem

Hi! I am the owner of a 2,0 diesel X Type m.y. 2004. I replaced the radio unit with a navy sistem from a similar vehicle. It was a hard work, I had to remove the entire dash bord and all the electrical circuits. Now, that I've finished the job, the navy is working, but the car won't start. I guess it's an immobiliser problem. All the lights turn on when i turn the key, but after a few seconds, the kilometers indicator shows only litlle lines, the red light form the ESP button stays on, and the ignition wont work. I've noticed that same **** happends if I unplug the radio module that was originally instaled. I replaced again the Navy with the old radio unit and it was all good, the engine started. I would be greatfull if someone could you help me with some advice. Maybe the car has some immobiliser units that I need to pair. Thx for your time.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

The electronic components for the Jaguar have to introduced into the system and programmed to play nice with the other modules. It requires dealer level software to get the different elements to work together.

The following users liked this post:
tynu (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM

thx for the response, but I know that same operation was succesfull for a similar vehicle, whitout any programming of the modules. I must be doing somrthing wrong.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

These two threads seem to indicate a similar problem was solved by making sure the climate control was correctly connected.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-light-128727/
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...alling-155157/

Old 03-08-2017, 12:21 AM
Default thx

Thx for tour suggestions. I will try again today. The thing is that I don't have the possibility to check if the wires are correctly fitted. I don't have a manual😞 or something. Hope I will succes today.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Gus' site has the wiring diagrams JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource - check the manufacture date on your door tag to get the right one.

From the How to stick at the beginning of this from is a pdf workshop manual [b]Workshop Manual in PDF. (thanks to LCGI)

Old 03-08-2017, 05:26 PM

Thanks a lot Clyons. Today, I finally figured it out! The wires were not connected right. I didn't finished the job yet, but I hope tomorrow I'll be back on business. Thank you all for the advices. It's my first experience with the Jag wires but now I think I can handle it. If you need any advice in that matter, don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy your Jags'.