Sponsored by:

Replacing existing Amplifier with Aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts
Default Replacing existing Amplifier with Aftermarket

Hello all-

I have been racking my head trying to figure out how to get the final piece in my instal. I think when I have asked this question before maybe It was too convoluted.r

So let me reduce it to this:

What's a good AM Amplifier to replace the stock? Please keep in mind the only thing that is "D2B" is the input to the factory amp. NOT THE OUTPUTS!!

so What I want to do is connect all the factory outputs to the speakers (circled in pink) --as they are--to the new AM amp

. I want to use the existing stock battery power cables (there are two) circled in blue to power the new AM amp.

And the ground (there are two) stock cables circled in orange to ground the new AM AMP

I see the rear speakers and twitters use one Chanel

i know now it's possible to use all the stock wiring. I have a couple of friends with Porsche 's who have done this when replacing their D2B- AMPS. I also know someone with a Mercedeces who did this when replacing his MOST Bose AMP.

I just need need to know what is a good replacement AMP and how to connect it to the stock outputs. Something that won't blow all the existing speakers, keep the current sound quality, no more no less.

as always help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Spikepaga; 08-04-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

Just for closure purposes, Crutchfield helped me find the solution to my problem.....I wanted to connect the after amp using the all the stock amp connections, including the power source. No rewiring to speakers necessary, just using all the stock connections . Remember the stock amp has two battery powered cables and two grounds.

The soulton was two compact Alpine KTP445 U mini amps. It's 4x45..... 8 Channels total between the two as the stock amp. One will power the front tweets and speaker, one will power the rear parallel tweet/peaked and each sub. Will update on quality of sound once I am all done.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you able to determine which wires supply power to the aftermarket amp? I’m trying to get power to a kicker 4 channel amp now but have been unsuccessful.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 386 Likes on 284 Posts

sounds like a cool project nice to see your results

Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far no luck. I am thinking that the cables in the trunk that run to the Jag amp are not supplying enough power as the two amps I had were a 1500w and 600w. I have a 300w (Jag amp is 360w ) so i am hopeful this could work without having to tear apart the interior to run wires.