X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Richardt

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Richardt

I have a 2002 X type imported to New Zealand from the UK. I purchased a new nav CD and it works ok but will not give street names and allow destination entry. It seems to have limited functionality. Any ideas?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I am just guessing here....

Is the disc for New Zealand?

I am thinking that there might be a licensing problem. The car was made for UK. It is on the other side of the world. The GPS recognizes this and has a little bit of code that says, "When outside of the country of license, don't work."

Now if I am correct, there might be a way to say, "Yes I agree to the license, though I am not in England." Or, there might be a way to fool the GPS that you are on holiday in New Zealand.

I get the feeling it is like the region scheme for DVDs. Player (GPS) from one region does not play DVDs (maps on disc) from other region.

Of course, there might not be anything insidious about this problem. Perhaps the GPS unit just needs a software upgrade. That might require a different software application and interface to accomplish, or a map DVD with software upgrade that is of an earlier date.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply
Yes the disc is for New Zealand and Australia. I thought I spotted someone else with a thread on the same issue a while back but cant seem to find it now.