X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A round of applause for Thermo

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A round of applause for Thermo

I've been on this forum for almost 2 years now and I have seen Thermo go above and beyond on all his posts to help out fellow members. If its not how to make your own custom LEDs to why the hell is my car shaking to almost everything else that we complain about on these forums, Thermo always has some 10 paragraph detailed response specifically aimed at your post.

Just wanted to take the time and say thank you Thermo for putting in so much detailed information onto these forums and going over and beyond to try to help us all out. I always look forward to all your posts because they are so educational to me and so detailed since I don't know much when it comes to cars.

Again, Thanks!!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Thermo! You're one in a million.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris is awesome when it comes to this forum, much appreciated!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.3 KB

Thats a big +1 from me on all those comments
Thermo is awesome and a valued member!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Thermo is Nuclear!

YipeeeeeeKayYay For Thermo and all the udder SuperContributors!!!!

Thanks from a hole crowd of relative noobs!!!

We love what you do for us - and even when you're prolly pullin stuff outta you-know-where, its reASSuring to hear your grizzled voices of techno-wizdom gelaned from years on your backs with fluids drippin in yer eyes...

Seriously, 2,400+ posts?!?! - You Rock! thanks!!!

Last edited by MeatBag; 10-01-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JagXType620
I've been on this forum for almost 2 years now and I have seen Thermo go above and beyond on all his posts to help out fellow members. If its not how to make your own custom LEDs to why the hell is my car shaking to almost everything else that we complain about on these forums, Thermo always has some 10 paragraph detailed response specifically aimed at your post.

Just wanted to take the time and say thank you Thermo for putting in so much detailed information onto these forums and going over and beyond to try to help us all out. I always look forward to all your posts because they are so educational to me and so detailed since I don't know much when it comes to cars.

Again, Thanks!!
Well said. Thanks, Thermo! We appreciate you!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Thermo, don't you know we all want you to offer to have us drop by with our X-Types for a fix of this and that. Maybe you should take your show on the road...Thanks.

Jim perhaps that is another thought for the members who have lots of expertise but aren't tech certified. How about a "valued opinion" badge?

Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Thanks for this thread and I also appreciate everyone who thanks Thermo , I am not an X Type Owner but I always appreciate the way he posts and thank you Thermo

Old 10-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Thanks guys and gals. I do this with everything that I do in life. One of the basic rules I have in life is learning something new every day. After years of this, you learn a little bit. I simply turn around and pass this information back (gotta love the Pay It Forward concept - another thing I live life by). Also, what you are not seeing is the database that I have for problems and their fixes. I read most of the posts here and follow what the fixes were. Then I am simply relaying that info back when called for.

I also have a lot of fun creating stuff too. Should see all the random projects in my garage. I need to take a few pics of the LED running lights I created too. Been meaning to do that. Maybe it will be something I will do today. They should be the equivalent of a 45W driving light. Yet, they are small enough to be hidden under the middle fin of the lower opening.

Like I told my kids when they were growing up, always push yourself and try something new. Even if you don't succeed at what you want, you still learned something and are a better person for it. I have messed up a few cars in my time, but at the same time, I went back at it again and made it work.

If you are ever in the Washington DC area, let me know. I will do what I can to come up and meet up with you. I always love putting a face with the name. I've met a lot of very interesting people over the years from coast to coast. Who knows, I may have a trunk full of tools and we can fix a few things on the fly. He he he he he.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by JagXType620

Again, Thanks!!
Word on all the posts. Always amazes me when I see one of Thermo's posts, if for no other reason than someone taking that much time to help others.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo

If you are ever in the Washington DC area, let me know. I will do what I can to come up and meet up with you. I always love putting a face with the name.
Hey, but there's no mug of your mug on the photos post. I did it. Where's yours? lol

Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris, you're by far the strongest contributor on this forum. Thanks for everything you do to help people out here.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

thermo has also helped me a few times when I've had problems. So thanks again for contributing so much to the forum!

Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Jo, I haven't posted a pic of me in fear of making your screen shatter. LMAO. Gotta have a sense of humor.

As for a pic of myself, I am normally the one on the backside of the camera. So, hard to get yourself in the shot when you are the one taking the pic.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Nav
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met Thermo in person. He is a trove of information, willing to help noobs like me, and is an all around decent human being.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't pass by this post without saying thanks to a whole hosts of Thermo's posts that have saved me hundreds of dollars...Thanks again

Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Jo, I haven't posted a pic of me in fear of making your screen shatter. LMAO. Gotta have a sense of humor.

As for a pic of myself, I am normally the one on the backside of the camera. So, hard to get yourself in the shot when you are the one taking the pic.
Nonsense! Hand somebody that camera and get a picture. I did it and nobody died. Yet. lol C'mon... What if I say "please"?

Old 10-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Jo, could you put a cherry on top and sprinkle some sugar there too? LMAO. Gotta love being sweet.

OK, you asked for it. So, scroll down and see. But, if your computer locks up or breaks, I will not be held responsible for it. By the way, my hair is a bit longer now. Gotta love retiring from the military and being able to finally let your hair grow long.

Can you see me now? LMAO.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOuve indirectly help me out also Thermo. If your ever in NZ, we must meet, beer and accomodation on me.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Jo, could you put a cherry on top and sprinkle some sugar there too? LMAO. Gotta love being sweet.

OK, you asked for it. So, scroll down and see. But, if your computer locks up or breaks, I will not be held responsible for it. By the way, my hair is a bit longer now. Gotta love retiring from the military and being able to finally let your hair grow long.

Can you see me now? LMAO.
I can see you now! There you go! That's nice. No smile, but I did say "mug shot", didn't I? lol There is a resemblance to my ex-husband, but I'll forgive you for that. No casting judgment here, Chris. We're all in the Jaguar Brotherhood/Sisterhood and it's nice to put a face to the genius that has helped so many here. Don't be afraid, but when I was showing my dogs, I got a few joking comments of, "it's a shame to show a dog that's prettier than you".. .lol I was a little hesitant to post my mug in the mug shots. Uh, I shouldn't tell people all that, should I? Aw, screw it. lol

Last edited by baycliffpwds; 10-03-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: A round of applause for Thermo