Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Sad day today for the X Type :-(

Today is the last day of production at the factory at Knowsley in Liverpool
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...2534-25400082/

Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I guess we should have a toast or something.

Maybe I'll stop on the way home and grab a 40oz for the ritual....

Oh what could have been.......

Old 12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

Hey, on a positive note, it got alot of new drivers into owning jags, and sparked perhaps a revival in the marque. More people are now looking at the XF, so while sad, the x-type had a place in the jaguar master plan.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Maybe we can blow up a transfer case in tribute. Uh..no, I'm not volunteering.

Yes, indeed, what could have been....I know the X is the reason I got into one. Because of the eroding market acceptance and the bad publicity the resale values plummeted and made it an altractive alternative to a BMW or an Audi (at least for me). So much car for the money (used). Too bad the didn't continue to engineer it through the years. Yes, they did end up making it pretty reliable after a few years, but by then the damage ws done. Plus, nothing was done to upgrade the drivetrain through the years. And only minor cosmetic changes through it's lifetime, although to this day I still think it's a great design. And no R!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

End of an era my freinds, end of an era.

So whats for lunch, maybe a xfrs? Yea

Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Unhappy

I raise a toast to the lovely classic lines of my X aging gracefully. Take care of your kittens, for there are no more to be had...

Old 12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I'm surprised as I thought they stopped production of it in '07. Seriously, I just got into my '03 in June of this year. I have had loads of British cars over the past 30 years but none as a daily driver. I have to say that the price got me into it, but I can't tell you how much I love this car more and more each day. It drives like brand new, looks like it just came off the production line and feels like a much larger car. As for amenities, I don't really know how much more my car could have on it.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Wow! I own a collectable!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

X Type was the cutiest and the nicest Jaguar during its production years . Shame it will be gone forever

Old 12-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is too bad. The x-type (IMO) is a much better car, looks wise, over all the other small variations out. I'd love a smaller version of the xf. Guess I'll just have to wait a few years for the xf to come down in price.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

X-type was named as 1 of 12 of AOL's worst cars of the decade... when it rains it pours

Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I can think of 12 worse GM cars from the decade. F those fools! lol....

Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The X-Type got off on the wrong foot early 'a rebadged Mondeo', some early quality issues, rotten marketing (or non-existent marketing), decontenting (seriously a Jag with a flip mirror?), no updates in powertrain over its run because Jag ran out of money (Ford too.)....all of which led to its premature demise. It's a shame, as I still don't see why Jaguar can't have an entry level luxury vehicle like BMW's 3 series (or 1 series for that matter). Jaguar has decided to go way upscale, which hopefully will work...they've got some dynamite product right now but it is SO expensive....that I will also wait for an XF to come off lease and have someone else eat the depreciation.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have my 04 X-Type and it has been a stellar car for me. Nothing major needing to be fixed. When there were small items needing repair the dealer has been more then great fixing them under the select warranty..

I am deff considering another Jaguar, possible a S-Type R, XJ, XK or even a XF.. Thats how impressed I am with Jaguars fit, finish and reliability.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default But of course!

Originally Posted by queensnewbie
X-type was named as 1 of 12 of AOL's worst cars of the decade... when it rains it pours
Yep, the Pontiac Aztec is clearly a much better car, and so is the Cavalier, and the Dodge Caliber, and the Mustang-II, and the Blazer, the Expedition, the Caravan, and all the other godforsaken iron coming out of Detroit.

I woundn't expect any less from an outfit named AOL (pronounced A-OL) - they make the best browser ever invented, and are the bestest ISP in the world - and so therefore they must know a good car when the see one, right?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by umbba77
The X-Type got off on the wrong foot early 'a rebadged Mondeo', some early quality issues, rotten marketing (or non-existent marketing), decontenting (seriously a Jag with a flip mirror?), no updates in powertrain over its run because Jag ran out of money (Ford too.)....all of which led to its premature demise. It's a shame, as I still don't see why Jaguar can't have an entry level luxury vehicle like BMW's 3 series (or 1 series for that matter). Jaguar has decided to go way upscale, which hopefully will work...they've got some dynamite product right now but it is SO expensive....that I will also wait for an XF to come off lease and have someone else eat the depreciation.
Honestly, Jag's current products are cheap compared to the competition. Compare an XF to a 5er or a XK to a 6er or SL. And the brand new XJ to the 750i and S550. The jag's msrp is roughly $15-20k cheaper than its german rivals. Now I'm trying to see how thats possible? Why are they priced so low?

O and on top of the lower msrp, dealers are giving about 10%+ off new cars...

Old 12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MeatBag
Yep, the Pontiac Aztec is clearly a much better car, and so is the Cavalier, and the Dodge Caliber, and the Mustang-II, and the Blazer, the Expedition, the Caravan, and all the other godforsaken iron coming out of Detroit.

I woundn't expect any less from an outfit named AOL (pronounced A-OL) - they make the best browser ever invented, and are the bestest ISP in the world - and so therefore they must know a good car when the see one, right?

hahahaha, ture that lol. Yea when i got my car, i typed it in, and it showed up on thses lists that it sucks and other stuff. Im like wowo, my interiors is way nicer, then all thses crs on the list, its also much safer, and much better looking. Not to mention a winter tank. Screw them if they say it sucks, its still rocks in our eyes.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea TIME magazine also listed our X-Type as one of the Worst Cars Ever but they are/were owned by the same entity as AOL. Just hate to keep seeing the same stigma being thrown around

Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member

AOL blows, are internet and everything else

Old 12-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The X-Type isn't perfect. But it wasn't terrible. It may become a collectable because it was the first small 4-door jag and I believe the first AWD jag also.

Quick Reply: Sad day today for the X Type :-(