X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Second Hand X-Type Panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second Hand X-Type Panels

Hi, it's a while since I last posted although I have dropped in to find out information. Some of you may remember that at the end of last year an inattentive driver drove into my car damaging the nearside. The car was written off but I brought her back from the insurance company. However, the repairs have not been carried out as life intervened as it sometimes does - in one four week period I ended up in A&E (ER to those reading in the US), had four outpatient appointments and underwent a procedure! Anyway I want to get back on track now. New body panels are out of the question on cost grounds so I want to source a good s/h n/s (i.e.lhs) wing and doors. I have a reluctance to use EBay after some bad experiences sourcing parts for my classics! Does anyone know of a potential source of parts? I live in Hertfordshire bit would also consider Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, and potentially Essex and North London.

Thanks and regards,

Michael John

Old 08-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

Try Mark B (bertieboy) on the UK site...if he doesn't have it, he can get it!

Facebook Post

Old 08-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Micheal John, you need to tell more in details here; Color, may be not importance here, but it's help, some one might have the parts with same color so you no need to repaint them. What side: left or right (seat in the car look straight ahead) ? Front or rear?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologies for any confusion. Sitting in the car looking forward it is the LHS front wing and front passenger door that is needed (RHD car). The rear door is probably OK but may be replaced if the price is right. The colour code on the VIN plate is LHK, which I have translated to Quartz Grey.

So far I have not found BertieBoy as since an update I am having issues with any new website I try to access/register with. Any advice on best forum to contact him on as I will have access to another PC tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts
Old 08-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

MichealJohn, I can find the parts for you, but shipping over sea is very costly and I don't know the procedure.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:35 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts