X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

small problem replacing oil pan seal

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default small problem replacing oil pan seal

so i used the jtis to get the oil pan free but its stuck hanging between the transfer case and the manifold. is there an easy way to loosen either up without removing to try and get more room to get the pan in/out?

Old 11-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Andrew Fitch, what manifold do you talk about here? You mean the elbow pipe that run below the oil pan? If that was the thing you call manifold, then you have to remove it with catalyst converter;First remove the air box and the things between the engine and radiator, then remove three bolts that connect catalyst to exhaust manifold, craw under to remove some bolts from the bracket that hold it to the either engine or bell housing (?), then craw little further back to remove two bolts that connect the elbow pipe to the resonator, then you can remove the oil pan, wait, did you drill the hold or have special wrench to remove the bolt that hidden inside of TC bracket?

Last edited by Thang Nguyen; 11-19-2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 11-20-2016, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

I've just done mine and there's no need to remove the cat. There are lots of posts on how to do this, such as these two:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ket-faq-11221/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ket-faq-11221/

When I did mine and was just short of enough clearance to get it out without removing the oil pump suction strainer, I jacked the engine up by about 1/2 inch to get the weight off the engine mounts and the sump just dropped out.