X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please help!

I recently went to a car wash with my 2004 x type. After the guys did the interior, the car wouldn't move out of park and a transmission fault was displayed. The transmission always shifts nicely and never gave me a problem! After talking to a few people, I was told that moisture (from spraying interior) could cause the TCM or the shift censor to act up. They told me to blow air on them to help dry them up...after 20-min. My car was fine! Message went away! That was a month ago...Yesterday I got a new stereo system installed and when my car was finished, transmission fault again! There is a lot of moisture in the air and they had all the doors open with the dash apart but now it won't start! After researching this issue, I see that it's common for the x type to be sensitive to moisture. Help!

Old 12-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There was one post a while back where they found a pinched wire between the shift sensor and the TCM caused by moving the steering wheel up and down. It would be simple enough for you to try adjusting the steering wheel in different positions and see if that helps.