Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default T S B' s

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 1660
Size:  19.3 KB

More Jaguar TSB's courtesy of Tbird6.....thanks Tbird, much appreciated

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Jaguar AJ8 History.doc (260.0 KB, 675 views)
Jaguar Factory Fluids TSB.doc (29.5 KB, 1448 views)
Jaguar XKRs 650HP.doc (137.0 KB, 640 views)
The following 4 users liked this post by JimC64:
Cash Jackson (09-25-2015), Lcgi (08-25-2011), Stuart Beattie (11-09-2013), X2004 (02-06-2014)
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Default More TSB's 1

Views: 1569

Seat rocking tsb courtesy of MarkC - Thanks

Sorry guys, but I've deleted any posts made here as I don't want them to dilute the purpose of this thread and make it any harder than necessary for anyone to find what they need

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ZF 6HP26-28 Catalog.pdf (1.40 MB, 5210 views)
ZF 6HP26X-28X Catalog.pdf (1.17 MB, 1797 views)
ZF Transmission Oils.pdf (107.8 KB, 1394 views)
Seat Rocking TSB X-Type.pdf (124.5 KB, 1242 views)

Last edited by JimC64; 12-23-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Updated 24/12/09
The following 3 users liked this post by JimC64:
Lcgi (08-25-2011), Mayorjagx7 (06-17-2015), scottmac03 (08-31-2012)
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Lights

Originally Posted by JimC64

On your 07 Audi, you haven't melted the headlight covers with those 100w bulbs?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 1592

No, they're still fine over a year later thanks for asking

Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Smile Lights

No, they're still fine over a year later thanks for asking
Why I commented was about 8 years ago I found Halogen Bulbs for the stoplights for the Benz I owned at the time. I installed them and they were bright, I believe they were 75w. I got stuck in traffic one day on a hill so I had to keep my foot on the brake for about 10 minutes before traffic started moving. When I got home I turned into my driveway shut off the car locked it and walked toward the back and for some reason I looked down at the tail lights. I had a dimple on the drivers side stop light lens, ditto for the passenger side. The halogen bulbs melted the plastic stop light lens. So I changed back to the stock bulb and had dimples on my stop lights for 8 years.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Smile BHP and HP

Originally Posted by Adam Lueb
Why I commented was about 8 years ago I found Halogen Bulbs for the stoplights for the Benz I owned at the time. I installed them and they were bright, I believe they were 75w. I got stuck in traffic one day on a hill so I had to keep my foot on the brake for about 10 minutes before traffic started moving. When I got home I turned into my driveway shut off the car locked it and walked toward the back and for some reason I looked down at the tail lights. I had a dimple on the drivers side stop light lens, ditto for the passenger side. The halogen bulbs melted the plastic stop light lens. So I changed back to the stock bulb and had dimples on my stop lights for 8 years.
I noticed in Europe they quote horsepower as brake horsepower, what is the difference between HP and BHP. Thanks, this questions has bothered me since I bought my first car back in 64, it was a 59 MGA.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Smile Headlights

I down loaded the headlight fix from your post, but it won't run on my computer, I am using Window Vista. I did the setup, but when the screen open I get a windows error message saying there is either a download error or the program will not work correctly in Windows, I running Vista. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Jaguar TSB's

Jim,
I have a folder full of Jaguar TSB's (120+) as sourced online.
If you PM me an email address, I can send them for you to add to this collection.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 1536

That would be great and much appreciated.

I'll send you a pm re this, thanks, much appreciated

Old 12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking X-Type 2.5 Throttle Body Problems

I too have experienced the three rotating messages, DSC system fault, Transmission Fault, and one another. This has happened three times, always in cold weather, after defrosting the windshield with the washer fluid (the defrosting kind) and occurred each time within 300 yards or less of the same stretch of interstate only 1 1/2 miles from home. I looked it over carefully and noticed the wiring for the throttle body was very tight having no play to wiggle them whatsoever. Cold contracts so I reason they shrink just a bit, not so good it they are tight when warm. I disconnected and rerouted them so they now have a little play and you can deflect the wire with your fingers now. This doesn't mean the problem won't come back or this is the definitive answer, just a good-sense precaution. I have removed the wiper cowl and put a flexible black plastic barrier that "domes" over the top of the cabin pollen filter. This makes it impossible for the filter to get wet unless you deliberately used a garden hose sprayer and shot it in at an angle through the grill in the cowl on the drivers side. I don't know what this black plastic thing is I cut the material from. It was my brothers and he passed away 5 years ago so I can't ask him about it. It is rolled up, has rounded corners and what looks like two "handle holes" (also with rounded corners). The wiper cowl back in place holds this down. I made sure it didn't protrude over into the driver's side moving mechanicals for the wipers.

Additionally, if I ever have the Throttle body Sensor issue (which I haven't) I have seen a write-up on the Ford Ranger 3.0 throttle position sensor that makes it adjustable. That's not important here BUT it tells you where to connect a voltmeter to the sensor wiring so you can read the voltage at idle or WOT (wide open throttle). This proceedure (minus the slot cutting for a Ford) I believe could be used on our X-Types to check and see what the proper voltage is before removing the sensor to clean it. That way we could be sure to put it back where the computer needs it to be instead of eyeball guessing. If memory serves, they all operate about the same electrically with power coming in from the computer (+5 vdc not 12), a ground or common wire, and signal (varying voltage) out. Just a thought.

Lcgi (12-29-2011)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Since this is sticky thread about TSBs

I found this link. I Don't know it is all the TSBs but it must be most of them.

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

The following 3 users liked this post by kccode1:
bmeza001 (07-26-2015), Davenwalee (07-18-2018), Pinecone (10-25-2013)
Old 03-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update to fix for problem

Moisture entering the engine computer was the problem with drop out of throttle and three messages, transmission fault, DSC System failure and Cruise not available. The fix I described took care of the problem as a water diverter.
The computer is half way between the engine compartment and passenger cabin on the passenger side. Worst of all, it's in there tilted downward on the back and upward on the front edge. Water gets on the wiring harness and runs down into the connector. I also coated the connector with a generous amount of white lithium grease spray as an additional water barrier.

The problem as not returned.

Lcgi (03-16-2014)
Old 03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by TomTom
Moisture entering the engine computer was the problem with drop out of throttle and three messages, transmission fault, DSC System failure and Cruise not available. The fix I described took care of the problem as a water diverter.
The computer is half way between the engine compartment and passenger cabin on the passenger side. Worst of all, it's in there tilted downward on the back and upward on the front edge. Water gets on the wiring harness and runs down into the connector. I also coated the connector with a generous amount of white lithium grease spray as an additional water barrier.

The problem as not returned.
Thanks for the update TomTom.

Can we all assume that you are referring to a USA configured Vehicle ?
(Left hand Drive)
Which means your mentioned 'Passenger Side' is on left side of vehicle - when you're standing in front of and facing the car ?

Does your information hold true for location of Computer and mentioned leak path issues - for ALL Models of X-Type ? (US or EURO)