Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Telephone istallation

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telephone istallation

Big Hello
This is my first post on this forum as I have just bought a beautiful 2004 British Racing Green X type SE 2.1 automatic, I have wanted a Jag for a long time, as I presume many have and was given a good option, so could not say NO.

My question is, there is what I think is an aerial and a microphone attached to windscreen, but not sure exactly what or where it is, can anybody shed any light on this, and if so where do I find the rest of it as I would like to add Bluetooth to the car, but want to explore this option first, before I take anything apart. in the boot is only CD Changer and a blank unit. attached to the inner wing.

Thanks in advance for any insight and info into this.

Attached Thumbnails Telephone istallation-20170625_194230.jpg   Telephone istallation-20170625_194237.jpg  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pete73
Big Hello
This is my first post on this forum as I have just bought a beautiful 2004 British Racing Green X type SE 2.1 automatic, I have wanted a Jag for a long time, as I presume many have and was given a good option, so could not say NO.

My question is, there is what I think is an aerial and a microphone attached to windscreen, but not sure exactly what or where it is, can anybody shed any light on this, and if so where do I find the rest of it as I would like to add Bluetooth to the car, but want to explore this option first, before I take anything apart. in the boot is only CD Changer and a blank unit. attached to the inner wing.

Thanks in advance for any insight and info into this.
hi there that doesent look like it is a jaguar factory fitment i would guess its an aftermarket kit as the wire runs behind the post trim. As far as im aware you could put the touch screen head unit in but may require serious work on the wiring loom for all the features to work properly and extras like the microphone and dvd rom to fit onto the headlining / boot unless your car was fitted with the prewire for the phone etc you can check online or at a jag dealer youll just need your chasis number . Hope it all pans out with your first pussycat .

The following users liked this post:
pete73 (06-29-2017)