Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time for peek-tures!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time for peek-tures!

Fully wash and detail took all day so pics have followed!

Old 09-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: time for peek-tures!

Beautiful pics of a beautiful car. That's one helluva car wash. Did you do it yourself?

Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I think thats the 1st time I've seen a white X Type,you just dont get them over here (UK).
You've done a great jobwashingit but an all day wash?, it would gut me if it took me more than 15 mins to get mine sparkling on the outside.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I would never imagine that a whitish color look so bright as your car

Old 09-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree...that looks especially nice...test drove a white x and didn't particularly care for the color but man it looks nice in your pics! I wish they made a white sport! Oooh would that look good or what! I'll have to show pics of my white monte with 18's chromes....jag would look sweet!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 AM
one

Traditionally I do not like white cars, but I was on a mission to stick the classy of a Jag with the clean of white together for a very certain look. When I found it, it was exactly what I imagined.

I did a liquid clay bar paint rub, Zymol wax, Tuff Stuff the interior, Invisiglass the windows and mirrors, two stage meguiars leather care on the seats, pressure washed the mats, Black Magic rubber care, Son of a Gun trim care for the dash, doors, console. I used to detail cars when I was young and when I clean my car, i CLEAN my car to showroom. I don't leave dust under the seats.

I've been spending a lot of time with it lately since the lady has my Mercedes and doesn't want to give it back (LOL) so I figured it was time to give it the cleaning it has not had before with her driving it. The car is showroom to begin with, but things can get ugly if you don't properly keep them clean.

Hope ya like how it looks.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  7.4 KB

Nice Job One...........lovin the car, looks great.
I can appreciate an all day detail, as I usually spend at least an hour when giving it a quick clean. When doing it properly it takes a few hours for sure, cleaning all the door jams, windows inside n out, interior mirror, using a half inch paintbrush to remove dust etc from the vents as well....lol
By the time you include the rims and tyre black, polish etc it takes a helluva time.
As you said though the trick is to keep on top of it.
I do mine around 3-4 times a week as I hate a dirty car.

Nice post with nice pics
Thanks
Jim

Old 09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member

Jim, Im ashamed to say I hadnt washed my car for weeks (other priorities) and it was starting to show.It took around 20 mins last night (started at 7.30 pm and its dark by 8pm) to get the whole exterior done....including tyre black, wheels,windows,exhaust tips polished, bodywork washed and waxed.Its now looking $1m
First thing I did was spray the wheels with P21s and let it work in for 5 mins while I cleaned the windows with Autoglym.
After 5 mins I rubbedthe P21swith a soft sponge to work the P21 into the alloys.
I then cleaned the exhaust tips then rinsed the P21 off the wheels using a bucket of cold water leaving them sparkling.
The crap that came off was unbelievable.
Then I quickly sprayed on the waterless car wash on panel by panel which immediately started dissolving the dirt and some recent albatross sh1te most of which just ran off like a milky liquid [:'(](must have been an albatross the size of it),wipedit in with a microfibre cloth andimmediately wipedit off to a deep shine with another microfibre cloth.
Then spent 2 mins going over theblack trim bits (rear lower valence,window surrounds,windscreen scuttle trims, wiper arms) with the black trim dresser that came withthe waterless car wash
Would be impossible to get anywhere near that time without the waterless car wash I use.
Best time savingstuff I have ever used on a car.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37

Nice one Buck.............Not like you to let your car go that long Buck?
Your car usually looks tip top......whats goin on???

BTW............Redstuff pads and EBC discs recently fitted
Lovin them so far mate.........whats the bedding in time? Roughly?
Any ideas?

Jim

Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Jim, I remember talking on this? forum about this a while back.If I remember the bedding in instructions come with the pads.Opinions differed about the bedding in process but as long as you stick with the instructions supplied you will be OK.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 35

1000 miles Buck until optimum braking is achieved

Jim

Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, it takes me about 30 minutes to fully wash the outside. I'll simply rinse and soap the entire left side, then the right side, then the rear, and then the front. I'll then take about 5 minutes to dry and then let the sun take car of whatever streaking is left over and I'll do the wheels and tires as well as the taping of the black trims around the doors and windows if I'll be waxing. I'll then apply wax in about two square-feet sections and buff it out with my 10" buffer. Then, trims and delicate areas are handled with a delicate cloth or another clean wax applicant. If it takes me less then 2 hours to wax and wash, then I had the wife help out. I'll usually be the one applying and she'll be the one buffing. At this time I'll be too tired to do the interior, so I'll leave that for the next day...lol! The interior is the most tiring part because I like to unbolt the seats and get to all of the $#!t stuck between the crevices. I'll do rug doctor once a year too. My mom has this really nice Persian rug that she'll clean with rug doctor once every 6 months and I'll borrow the cleaner and do my cars. I'll have to do it soon to the Infiniti since it's a bit dirty so I see a clean rug coming on for the Jag too. I've never actually Rug Doctored the Jag, so it'll be fun doing both. The Jag's is clean though, so I might not go through that process.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:57 PM
one

I own a rug doctor pro (the blue one that is identical to the orange commercial ones). I don't use it on my car because it deep soaks the carpet and mold can form. It's true that detailers pressure wash cars carpets and turn the heat on for an hour or so to dry it, but it never effectively dries down in the areas that recess such as braces under the carpet.

I just choose to use Tuff Stuff. It's formula breaks dirt up and stains which makes it easy to vacuum up.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member

My carpets generally stay pretty clean...black helps this...we don't live on or near a dirt road so generally the only thing the carpet sees are the covers that go over top of them...generally it takes between 30-45 minutes to wash my car and dry the whole thing...the stupid rims are what takes the time! Cleaning all the inside of the doors where the rag doesn't reach when washing or dryed generally takes a few and the engine takes a few longer...Interior takes about another hour...only needed once and a while as I don't really drive all too often anymore...go through a tank of gas every 2-3 weeks! I've only filled our escape like 2-3 times all summer!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

OMG! Tank of gas every 2-3 weeks FTMFW! A phrase for moi would be more like "2-3 tanks of gas every week"!
BTW, as for the rug doctor, it does leave it damp if you don't use heat lamps and do it later in the day where it can't be in the sun all day! I only do the visible areas well though! I'll also use a hair dryer if the heat lamps don't cut it but it does require watching the weather channel and knowing when it wont rain and knowing that you have ALL day!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah, how many mpg do you get with the s? What engine do you have? Even in city driving I get about 22-23 in the jag and around 26 over the whole tank in my escape...gotta love the 4 banger and stick...its also quite peppy too!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

It depends quil. If I drive heavy footed I get anywhere from 15-19 mpg. When I drive like a nice lil ol lady, I get about 22-23 city and I get a consistent 33-34 MPG hwy if I'm going 60-65 mph. It drops to like 27 if I'm going lik 75-80. Now the 240sx isn't at all more environmentally friendly but it does get about 23 city driving...no matter how I drive. I haven't really checked for highway mpg. The G20 does about the same as the Jag, but it's much slower and it's a four cylinder. The Jag truly is great on gas if you consider the other cars I drive. AND IT'S A SIX CYLINDER! The 8 cylinder is much worse though. The V8 gets like 15-17 mpg city and like 22-23 mpg hwy.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Nice! Suprised a car that size still gets that kind of mpg...sucks that a 4 banger doesn't get great mileage doesn't it! To me that makes no sense because its like you don't get any fun acceleration and you don't get good gas mileage so what do you get out of driving a 4 banger!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

AHHH! Wrong buddy. My 240sx is A LOT faster than the Jag and it handles much better too. It does beat me at top end though! Once we get to like 100-110, the Jag will pull away. Acceleration though is NO comparison!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

No wrong to you buddy....Talking about the infiniti....I figured the nissan would be fast!!! DUHHH!

Quick Reply: time for peek-tures!