X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear Attacked by Rednecks!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear Attacked by Rednecks!!

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  4.7 KB

ORIGINAL: aquill1
Yeah think of it this way, our countries are very similar take this for example...Look at the relationship Jim and racer both have. I am pretty sure racer is american or at least lives here and jim is far east...they both love talking about beer, burping and occasionally making some pretty funny comments. You can also take something else into count here...beer, burping and occasional funny comments hicks have as well, there sentences just happen to end with ye-ha and ya'll!!!
Lol @ Aquill, man you gotta be kidding me? You've always got sumthin to say about everythin an everybody one way or another. At least you always get us the same way, in the general spirit of the forum. Talkin about Jags, cars in general and or funny posts. Its all that stuff that keeps the forum going!
You seem to have a big chip on your shoulder and try to take it out on everyone, You never know what way you're gonna get you.....see two posts below showing totally different attitudes to the same member in less than a week?
If my memorys right, didn't you have an arguement with Nineball over sumthin n nothin too? I think you've got some real issues.
Get a grip man........it's all for fun and tech info / help.
Is that the real reason you only come on once a week.....you save all your frustrations up and then come on here and let loose.......man, Get a life!
See quotes below -

Aquill 15/01/07 - Hey there all, anybody hate people that post on here about selling a product and yet they just joined and have less than a handful of posts. This drives me crazy and I'm sick of these people posing as people whom actually care about cars or brands. If you ask a question once you should keep asking or at least reading to help others with a similar problem. People that post for one problem and never use the forum again should be banned!!! I.E. androulakis.
Aquill 22/01/07 - Hey there androulakis, I have the silverstars for mine and they are a little brighter I guess. I'll have to get a picture of it for you. Without getting hid's it'd be hard to match the colors up. You ever think about getting the more yellow lights instead of blue. My buddy has a 03 bonneville and he bought these lights for his car and they look sweet, different angles they look rainbowish they are sweet though. He has hid's in his headlight so they offset each other well! I'll try to find some pics for ya. By the way he bought them on ebay for like $50.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  4.7 KB

Hey Bo,
I know what you're sayin an you're right too, but, jeez they sure did push them to the limit, and that was the whole point. They got exactly what they wanted and then some......lol

Jim C

Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats up with that Jimmy? I wasn't saying anything bad to ya! And I don't get on once a week to take anything out on anybody! I was just using the two of you for an example. I've always thought you and racer are cool you two were the first two to accept me under your wings? I'm confused as to what happened as I've been poking fun at you two about the beer comments and what not but its to you guys and I'm not being mean or anything! If I offended you about it I'm sorry (which is alot more than I got out of my argument with nineball, apparently you thought I was attacking you which I wasn't and I'm appologizing right now, which I never got from 9ball), I swear I wasn't bashing you guys or anything I was just giving an example to how similar people really are! I wasn't comparing you two to being hicks or saying you are wrong or trying to teach you a lesson I was just commenting using you as examples of people whom are from different countries and have similar interests and using you as an example to those who were commenting not about you two personally. I didn't have a problem with anything you posted I was actually agreeing with you, to not take everything so seriously and you thought it was funny which I also thought it was funny so I didn't disagree with you I was just using you and racer as a example. Sorry to make you feel that way buddy. You must just be taking this the way I took nineball attacking me, let me say this one more time...I'm sorry if I made you feel bad or something but it was all in good fun lad! And the example you posted was also before androulakis posted other comments! I'm not just part of this forum I am member to many others and the trend seems to be that as technology changes people that suck off of things find a way to scam stuff which these forums are new technology and people are using it to make a quick buck. I do hate it when people that arn't even part of something and try to sell something! I apologize to androulakis as he has become part of the forum and does post on here but there are MANY people that post once or twice and disappear once they rip people off or sell their product or solve their problem. That post was before he posted other things. If you look on the post jim, the date that he posted about headlights was a week after I posted about people posing as members and than never hearing from them again! If you look at most of my posts I don't call people out or get mean I try to have fun, help people if I can (which mostly I'm useless!) and learn some things from people that have knowledge or similar interests-thats all. Sorry again if you thought I was poking fun man I thought we were cool?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

By the way bojangles I don't want you to cut us any slack! I work with and have worked with some dumb people and these hicks we have been speaking of are quite different than you and I! This one guy I worked with came in every day with blood shot eyes and would sweat and smelled like beer so horribly bad! Not only that they also drive trucks which are hilarious! In all seriousness though he even had a shotgun rack on the back window-NO JOKE EITHER!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My whole point is that you can't place judgment on an entire country based on the acts of a group of people. Every country has its fair share of people who "go against" the majority and go against rules and morals. Now, mix in some journalists who did some pretty stupid forms of "free speech" and you get what you saw in the video. Try holding your reactions back when someone pulls up to a gas station in the UK in your home town and has "Kill the Queen", "Britian Sucks", "Manchester United Sucks" painted on their cars. Were these idiots rednecks and fools? No doubt, BUT I think many of you pass judgement before trying to put yourself in a situation where someone is personally offending something you care about.

What would you do to me if I walked up to your face and started talking crap about your mother? your sister? your Brother? How much freedom of speech would you give me?

How would a New Yorker react if someone pulled up to his gas station with "9-11 was awesome" pained on their car? How much freedom of speech should he have?

get my point?

Old 02-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi IronCobra and others,

not to make a long discussion full of misunderstandings longer but here's my last 2 cents:
The purpose of agitation (and this is what the journalists are doing), is precisely that: to agitate and
provoke and bring out the best/worst in people. Through this display (intelligent agitators, at least) attempt
to tell the failings of a society and the inconsistency of reality and self-image. This is what Borat does, this
is what the "provos" did in the 60s in the Netherlands, and this is what the black "freedom riders" in the 60s in this country; there are many versions of agitation. Now, I don't know if what these journalists had in mind was as profound as all this, but nevertheless the results are the same.

Second, the entire point here is that, people can and will be offended by many things in any society. In a society
that prides itself on tolerance and free speech, and goes around the world invading others in the name of said
ideals, such displays as in the video are unacceptable. The examples of "Manchester United sucks" or "Kill the Queen" versus "9-11 was awesome" are terribly badly matched. Writing "NASCAR sucks" and "Man Love Rules" on your car is not the same as writing "I'm happy about all the dead southerners in the civil war" or some other thing along those lines, which is certainly in a different league. Noone went to these Alabamans and celebrated the death
of thousands of people. Having said that, let me also say that anarchists and punks in Britain and other European countries I've lived in, regularly attack symbols such as the Queen in much more creative and insulting ways, and yet noone tries to justify them being lynched by vigilante mobs who were "legitimately outraged."
There is no such thing, no excuses. If the same thing happened after a much more severe provokation as in the examples above, it would still be unacceptable, but more understandable. As it is, however, it is neither acceptable nor
excusable.

Following the same logic, (and stretching the intelligence and purposes of these
journalists quite a lot for the sake of the example) when the fathers and mothers of the same people in the video tried to (and did) beat up the freedom riders in their buses from the north (who were, after all, going against precisely that lynching mob mentality that tries to legitimize itself by an aura of respectability and righteous outrage), the world could have said "hey, how they live in the segregated south is their business, these black students had no place going and insulting people's values by going and provoking people where they lived." But that wasn't, and isn't the correct
position to take, is it?

So yes, as irritating, provokative, insulting as someone might be, they still have the right to it in this country, and many died to protect that right. If a few rednecks think otherwise, it's not just their problem, it's everyone's problem, and there can be no excuses, no "buts". Noone in this country should be able to rain rocks and form wannabe lynch-mobs as a response to what we saw in the video, period.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member

Man we have some serious authors/poets here on this forum...no joke either. Top gear went into this situation knowing full well something would happen, which it did. I don't think either though that anybody should assault anyone. Good example is the male whom was lynched and killed because he was homosexual. I'm pretty sure you all heard about him. I don't support his lifestyle but I'm sure not going to say something to him or about him or kill him. Some people have a few screws left unscrewed and this isn't just in the US its allover the place. Another example of this is a group of motorcyclists riding in peru or mexico that were killed by a guy that didn't like motorcyclists. The guys on bikes were shooting a commercial and it shows the guy in the car approaching crazy fast and plowing through the guys like they were bowling pins! This world is crazy it's not just here in the US!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, all I am saying is that if you KNOW what you are doing is going to cause an adverse reaction negatively when doing it YOU SHOULDN'T DO IT! Remember,they were trying to provoke Alabamians by painting the MOST OUTRAGEOUS things they could think of. Sure, the reaction was not rational by any stretch of the imagination BUT some people value some things more than you can comprehend and think of, such as Nascar. Alabama pride (or southern pride) is more prevalent than some think, and YES some southerners don't think that they got a good deal after the civil war so they could give a damn about "freedom of speech". Is it right? NO, they are idiots, we know that, but EVERYONE knows they exist. Why provoke them?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

All i'm saying is that we need to blow this planet up and start over on Mars.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Size:  4.6 KB

Man Aquill, how bad do I feel?
All I can say is sorry, I obviously picked you up totally wrong and thought you were having a go for some reason, obviously my mistake not yours, and I like to think I'm man enough to admit it.
I thought we were all pretty cool too, but obviously read into some of the things you were saying and got it wrong.
I know you try to help people as I've seen your posts, I do to, although I'm not as knowledgable as some on here, like maybe racer n Buck and the like.
Sometimes like you and Andersen, a little witty comment here an there to keep things flowing, its not all bad.
I just hope that we can put this **** behind us and move forward.

Sorry buddy

JC

Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

Hey no prob there Jimmy I figured you took it the wrong way not a big deal at all. You could have taken it that way very easilty that is why I apologized and didn't take it that bad it could have went that way very easily. Have a good one lad!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights1.jpg
Size:  3.2 KB

Cool Aquill, nice to see you back on, its been a while. Racers been AWOL just recently too...........funnily enuff its been a little quieter around here than usuual

JC

Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Veteran Member

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack lol....

Old 02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  4.6 KB

ORIGINAL: racerx82
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack lol....
F**k, there goes the neighbourhood.........lol

JC

Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed period. Hillary for President, you are asking to die. I live i Chicago and I get in fights with people who bash Nascar, but you take that to the south and they will kill you.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights4.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  4.3 KB

Hey there 93xj6.............it was pretty funny for sure. Do you get the show where you are? If so you should watch it often......sooo good.....sometimes there are actually facts etc about cars.....lol

Jim C

Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member

lol now that's how you get new members...we should have a new member drive or something

Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  Jagbrightlights4.jpg
Size:  4.3 KB

Lol racer..........where u been man?
We've had a membership drive going for the last 2 weeks, was quite successful, til you cut inot them with your razor sharp wit........lol
They all left.........

JC

Quick Reply: Top Gear Attacked by Rednecks!!