X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control

Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Traction Control

Your just jealous because you've never heard of a thing called snow! Never had the ability to whip the jag around out of control!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

HAHA...my RWD S takes the corners beautifully as I drift out of parking lots and onto intersections when it raining. I just don't do it where if I mess up, I'll hit a pole!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Your jealous face it!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

W/E! Back on topic! With the traction control off, do your tires spin in the rain? I'd love to see all four tires spinning!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MEH....... I have the same thing on my Mercedes, guess what it does....... traction management. Same thang, no matter what the cute name.

I can turn my trac off, but not my BAS. (brake assist, tire management) While I can light them up with the trac off, I still can't manage to get out of shape before my car starts braking itself at each wheel.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
one

Here for anyone that wants to know otherwise what I was asking:

http://www.automotive.com/2004/43/ja...eup/index.html

The Luxury package ($3,500) delivers Jaguar's traditionally high level of luxury, starting with lamb's wool floor rugs, contrasting piping on the seats, burl walnut wood trim and more expansively applied exterior chrome. It includes Reverse Park Aid to warn the driver of hidden obstacles, heated front seats, the Alpine stereo with a six-CD changer (in the trunk), the DSC electronic stability control system, and the contents of the Premium Package.

Individually priced options for all X-Type models include the heated seats ($500), Reverse Park Aid ($325), and DSC ($525). The GPS navigation system ($2,300) includes a seven-inch touch-screen that also provides control for the audio and climate systems and allows subscription to the JaguarNet emergency communication and tracking system. Voice activation for audio, climate control and the navigation system is available as a dealer-installed option.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
one

Safety Equipment (standard)

all-wheel drive; four-channel ABS; dual-stage front-passenger airbags; front side-impact airbags; front and rear curtain-style head protection airbags; three-point rear seat belts; collapsible brake pedal mechanism; anti-burst door latches; deformable fuel tank
All-wheel drive, which Jaguar calls Traction 4, comes standard.
Basically no TRAC. Jag considers their trac, 4wd.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its availible in newer models, 05 and up, and besides it isa 4wd vehicle to start with, not really gonna slip if even has a manual tranny.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Without the dsc on the car will slip all over! With the dsc off on snow my car (floored to the floor and driving erratically you could very well lose control quick! I personally like driving with the dsc off sometimes but with dsc on I pretty much under any circumstance could not lose control of the car...except when it came to stopping and by than the dsc is useless...but for driving forward the dsc to me worked magic! Dynamic stability control when I floored it adjusts the speed of the independent wheel that is slipping...any stoplight that had little or no traction the car accelerates (not super fast but a lot faster than any car without it) from the stoplight and steers the car wherever you steer the car...even with ice and snow the car for me when wherever I wanted it to go!

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)[/align] DSC uses the anti-lock braking and traction control systems to give you even better control of the car.It makes rapid adjustments, automatically and seamlessly to help prevent over steer or under steer through corners. It also helps you maintain acceleration by preventing wheel spin even on surfaces with uneven grip, for example where one driven wheel is on ice and the other on tarmac.

DSC is available as standard on XJ, XK and
S-TYPE, and as an option on X-TYPE.

Taken from
[/align]http://www.jaguar.com/int/en/_glossary/dsc.htm

In a sense the dsc is traction control...

Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM
one

Yep, that all sounds like TRAC.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  6.3 KB

ORIGINAL: bojangles
Traction control is when you apply the brakes to a spinning wheel. only uses the wheel speed sensors and the Brakes. It is active when the car is stopped or moving.
DSC isa step beyond traction controlAll dsc cars for sure have traction control but what we are trying to figure out is if NON- DSC cars have basictraction control. the difference is that DSC manages the direction that the car is pointed. It uses a steering wheel angle sensor and a yaw sensor to decide if the car is following the intended path. It is only there when the car is moving.
On my car whenI switch off the DSC it also switches off the traction control and I can spin the wheels on snow. This might be useful when charging up a snowy hill from a standstill.
please dont oversimplify what DSC is.. it is way more than traction control... I think all the guys here that never see snow dont really care.. but if you actually drive your X in low traction situations.. DSC is really amazing.
Good explantion Bo well written!
ESP / DSC whatever its called by whatever manufacturer ( cos they all call them sumthin different) really is amazing.
I remember once on a Mondeo I had ( the GhiaX with everything on it) I wanted to "try" out the ESP....lol
Well, there was a sharp bend, and on that bend there was a bus shelter......I went round the bend too fast and leterally aimed the car sideways at the shelter. Sure enough the car started to slide towards the shelter for about a second or so, then corrected itself back onto the intended path.......scary, but really something too.

JC

Old 07-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member

Great explanation Bo! No confussing it now! In the rain, with the dsc on, there is no way to get this car to go side ways!

Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 1607
Size:  6.3 KB

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05
Great explanation Bo! No confussing it now! In the rain, with the dsc on, there is no way to get this car to go side ways!
You're obviously not trying hard enough Biggie
I'm sure it would even if just for a split second before you then feel the DSC doing its thang!

JC

Old 07-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Well, that's what I'm saying. It's not like the car wont compensate and straighten itself out nearly immediately.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: bojangles

1)Traction control is when you apply the brakes to a spinning wheel.
only uses the wheel speed sensors and the Brakes.
2)It is active when the car is stopped or moving.

3)DSC isa step beyond traction control DSC is really amazing.

First traction control doesn't work just when you apply the brakes to a spinning wheel...if that is what you are trying to say???

Second if this in regards to my "except when it came to stopping and by than the dsc is useless" comment the dsc does nothing to help me stop! I don't like the abs on these cars, in comparision to other cars I've owned

Lastly...I also said that the dsc is an amazing thing not sure if you are confused about that or not...

I did also say that the dsc is better but traction control has a similar cause and effect to it...they are both there to help you out and keep some type of control of the vehicle...right or wrong???

No flack there Bo buddy but no reason to argue!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member

I've had the dsc save my rear when I pulled out from a car wash and there was some water on the road! I know that if the dsc would have been off I would have probably done some sort of fish tailing down m-59 this spring on dry pavement! Other than that I haven't been able to notice the dsc doing its thang in the summer...works flawlessly in the winter here though!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Default jaguar x-type traction control option

The x-type's traction control option is not included in ones sold in Aamerica. If you do find one with traction option it was imported

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traction Control