X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turns over won't start

Old 11-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turns over won't start

Slid into a ditch last night and car was still running. There was no visible damage or fluid leaks and after car was pulled out the car would not start again. I checked the inertia switch and it is not presenting as being activated (nothing to depress in the rubber boot). The fuel pump is functional (I hear the "hum" upon turning the key) and checked all fuses. I checked all of the visible wire connections....help please, thanks!

Old 11-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey thanks for the help

I am really kinda shocked no one had any reply to my request for help...I noticed later I did not include the year make and model with my request so I'll include that now (after including that info with my account info I thought it would be attached to my post some how as well as posting in the "x-type" forum)

I have a green 2004 jaguar x-type 3.0 v6 awd that turns over but will not start after sliding off an icy road into a snowy ditch. After checking the inertia switch and not finding it activated I checked the fuses, readily visible wires and connections but noted no issues. The fuel pump is functional.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by djents
Slid into a ditch last night and car was still running. There was no visible damage or fluid leaks and after car was pulled out the car would not start again. I checked the inertia switch and it is not presenting as being activated (nothing to depress in the rubber boot). The fuel pump is functional (I hear the "hum" upon turning the key) and checked all fuses. I checked all of the visible wire connections....help please, thanks!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I notice that your post from2014, I think you get no replied because you didn't give much information of the problems with your car as; If check engine light on? If you have the OBD ll to read the codes"? But by now probably your car already fixed? Sorry to reply too late!