X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

JCAP, first off, welcome to the forums. Welcome home. I think you will find a lot of very useful information here and lots of people to help you out. All we ask is you stick around and help out other members with what you have discovered with the car. We also ask that you stop by the "New Member" section and tell us a little bit about yourself. Contrary to popular belief, we are a friendly bunch. You may also find this to your benefit too.

As for your problem, I am assuming you are talking about when you run the A/C system in the car, you are getting a gurgling noise. What is causing this is the drain for your car is getting plugged up and not allowing the water to drain out like it should. Therefore the water is backing up in the ventilation system and actually hitting the blower, creating the noise you are hearing. The fix, you can possibly get away with driving the car for a little bit, then stopping it, accessing the cabin filter (removing the plastic cover between the bonnet and the windshield), removing the filter and then spraying a product like Lysol (or another anti-fungal product) in the opening. This will work its way down into the collection tray under the cooling coil and into the water. As the water slowly drains out, the "Lysol" will help kill off the plug and allow it to be flushed away. You can then re-install everything, but the next time you drive the car, turn on the dash blower, but leave the windows open to allow any left over Lysol to be blown out.

If you are having another issue, let us know and I am sure we can get you taken care of. As I mentioned, enjoy the site. Grab a cup of Joe, look around, join in on the conversations and enjoy.