X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the X-Type Forum the Best Forum?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Why is the X-Type Forum the Best Forum?

Being new to this site, I have spent the last couple of days reading every section on the site, and looking at a lot of the old posts here on the X-Type forum (and learning a lot I might add).

This question came to mind though after I noticed that more people posted on the X-Forum (over 40k) than anywhere else.......

I Figured it must be one of these reasons I posted below, which reason do you think it is?

Why is the X-Type Forum the Best Forum here?

A. This Jag is the most affordable, so more people own them?

B. People who own this Jag just like to talk too much?

C. X-Type owners are the smartest and sexiest of all Jag owners?

I am gonna have to go with 'C' myself LOL

Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Getting an X-Type is the only way to get a recent Jag at an affordable price. Therefore it sells more and it appeals to a different type of user : people who wish to get an exotic mid-luxury car that stands out, but have a limited budget.

It is doubtful that the 50 year old business man making half a million dollars per year who just bought a brand new XKR is going to spend much time on an Internet forum to figure out how to change its tranny fluid.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Also keep in mind that the early X-Types had a lot of teething problems. It's not entirely surprising to find a lot of owners here asking for troubleshooting and repair help.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Platinum, as for why I own an X-type, it came to initial cost. But, with a bit of research I would have probably stepped up to the XJ8 vice the X-Type based on some of the prices I found shortly after my purchase. But, c'est la vie. Hind sight is 20/20. As for why I am on the forums, I love learning about my vehicles and helping out fellow owners with problems.

So, if you have questions, ask away. But, like was mentioned above, a lot of people that can afford a new Jag have no desire to get greasy. Where the X-Type owners don't necessarily have the extra money to just toss at their cars. So, they will be more likely to do stuff in their driveway.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:33 PM

I have to agree with Sevren. The X-Type is the most affordable way to get a relatively new Jag at a price that wont completely drain you bank account. I would love to get a new $60k XF, but couldn't even begin to afford one at this point. With that in mind, I don't have the overwhelming dersire to break the bank every time I need service. I understand caring for a Jag property isn't necessarily cheap either way, but I'm okay with getting a little dirty to fix a couple problems if needed to save some extra money. I'm guessing most people on this forum would agree.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM

I appriciate the responses, but I think I did not get across that my post was done for humor purposes only

Love my Xtype, and I am sure the rest of you do too

Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  19.3 KB

I got it....
A rhetorical question poking fun, but hey ho it got some good answers too and got everyone thinkin so its all good

Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I might be B , so says my wife....

Old 07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

In all seriousness, one of the best things about the X-type forum and most Jag forums is that you get to interact with people from all over the globe. You could be talking to a kid in Saudi Arabia or a guy in the UK who's LUM REEKS all the time

It is interesting that we all mostly have the same issues, no matter the location. It is unfortunate that many of us won't be staying with Jag since there is no new X type replacement down the road.

Oh yeah, and we are the smartest too. Just ask any of us and we'll tell ya.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Why x-type forum

I think the reason may have to do with some people who own the more expensive Jags are snobbish, too busy trying clever ways of saying "i'm soo rich I don't know what to do with myself" than having any real conversation. Just my opinion.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

X Type is the most common Jaguar ever made that's why there are more traffic in here than other Jaguar Forums therefore we have many X Type Owner Members which posts new threads / posts .

Old 07-10-2009, 11:47 AM

I also enjoy forums like this one that have people from "All over the world" visiting

I also noticed the young man from Saudi Arabia... That is pretty cool! I came to SA once in my life about 19 years ago and landed at the airport about 3am... All I remember is that once I stepped outside I had never been sooo hot at 3am in my life LOL

There was a lot of nice cars I saw over there, mostly in Bahrain where I was stationed at a hospital... AirConditioning is a must I am sure

Old 07-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Platinum Sport
I also enjoy forums like this one that have people from "All over the world" visiting

I also noticed the young man from Saudi Arabia... That is pretty cool! I came to SA once in my life about 19 years ago and landed at the airport about 3am... All I remember is that once I stepped outside I had never been sooo hot at 3am in my life LOL

There was a lot of nice cars I saw over there, mostly in Bahrain where I was stationed at a hospital... AirConditioning is a must I am sure
yay he is talking about me !!!

i love this web site & mostly x-type forums i really enjoy it & i hope evry body dose

Old 07-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the X-Type being such a bargain on the used car market these days, I see why the X-Type forum is the most active. I actually miss posting here since I don't have my X anymore. It's always good to help fellow enthusiasts anytime I get a chance.

I'll buy another Jaguar some day. I've reached the point where I can purchase an XF new, but the wife isn't exactly on board with that idea, so I bought the Milan for a daily driver and I'm gonna find a 99-04 Mustang to play with on the weekend.

As much as I'd like to own another X-Type as a weekend car, finding one with a manual transmission rare and I just can't bare to buy another transfer case if it were to fail. The wife was pretty pissed when I had to shell out $2k for a clutch and transfer case around Christmas time 2007. Times were hard, and that car didn't make things any better.

Man I miss my X-Type 5MT. It wasn't fast, but man having that car with a manual transmission was a head turner at a stoplight. And the engine note is the best I've ever heard out of a V6 hands down.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by MeeMo
yay he is talking about me !!!

i love this web site & mostly x-type forums i really enjoy it & i hope evry body dose

Hi MeeMo!!

Hey, do they still sell "BeeDee's" over there? Loved those things

Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum Sport
Hi MeeMo!!

Hey, do they still sell "BeeDee's" over there? Loved those things
what is "BeeDee's" ?? and you say you came to SA 19 years ago
man i am 20 years old i was born i the U.S of A lived there for three years
i don't know how did SA look like back then,
but i know one thing it's very very hot !!!!
i hope u liked it there and bahrain is so nice.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to agree with thermo, after i got the x type, i was kinda sadened by the fact that the xj8 was only around 20k, and i knew i could nogeoiate the price. But waht ever, i like my car, you pull up to a light, and the drivers around u get alittle nervous.
And i love tinkering with things. Almost every jag onwer in my city ( not that many) has nodded at me, or vice ersa, the thing that makes me mad, is the 28-37 year old guy who buys a xj vdp, just to impress his stuck up girlfreind. It quite funny actaully.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Well, its because the elliptical shape of the X is reminiscent of the Supermarine Spitfire, one the most beautiful machines ever built. And, when our roadways are crammed with Luftwaffe C-classes, Messerschmidt 325's, and rice-burners up the wazoo, we're just stubborn contrarians sticking with the only "perfect blend of art and machine" that you can still get - and which our middle class paychecks can afford. And Ick to the new XJ, which looks like an Audi or something. Looks like I'm going to have to keep my ol' leaper hood ornament going for a long, long time.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

agreed, i HATE the new xj, the xf was okkkkay, but still. What ever happend to not being a communist.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MeeMo
what is "BeeDee's" ?? and you say you came to SA 19 years ago
man i am 20 years old i was born i the U.S of A lived there for three years
i don't know how did SA look like back then,
but i know one thing it's very very hot !!!!
i hope u liked it there and bahrain is so nice.

Sorry, I may not be saying it right. Maybe it was "B.D.'s"?

They were this small very inexspensive cigarettes that were wrapped in a leaf, with little colored strings holding them in place. I am sure they were just tobacco, but they smelled just like "MJ" LOL...

We were young and bored, we had to get our laughs somewhere

And yes, Bahrain was beautiful!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why is the X-Type Forum the Best Forum?