Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window problem on my x :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problem on my x :(

Hey guys,
alright so here is the story, I live in canada and well yesterday we had a wonderfull temperature of -32 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!! anyways i was pulling out to some driveway to talk to my friend so i lowered my Right back passenger side window. It went down perfectly then i tried to pull it back up it worked but it stopped like 1 inch before... so i tried pulling it back down then back up did the same thing....so i asked my friend to pull the window up with his hands and well it stopped 1 centimeter before....

i'm really pissed off at this cos I get in the car in the morning to get to school and my azz iss freeezzzziinngggg cos the car is bassicly a frozen ice-cube loll...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Window problem on my x :(

does the window just stop? or does it stop the roll down a little?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 PM

well like hmm i just came back from trying to fix it i pulled it all the way down then i tried pulling it back up but it still stops 1 inch before...like it goes up but in a weird way...not like its suposed to...what could it be ?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member

Well, it could be a few things. There are a lot of great smart people on this forum so trust me; we will help you fix this. First off, it could be an auto stop feature. I have read how the windows will automatically stop and move slightly down if something gets in its way. The second thing I think it might be is some ice blocking the windows way. Answer a few questions and we will be able to help a little bit more. First, when you shut the door do you hear anything rattles or bang? Like a loose track or something? When you said “it rolls up kind of weird†what do you mean? Try this, roll the widow all the way down and hold the switch for about 10 seconds (do this from the drivers controls) then roll it all the way up and hold the switch for about 10 seconds. See if that fixes it. Also, I would not recommend “pulling†or “pushing†the window. You might do more harm than good. If that does not work then maybe there is ice in the way. Try to pour hot (I mean hot!!!) water on the outside of the car near the window seal. It might melt the ice inside long enough for you to roll the window up. If you do get the window up, leave it up until it warms up a little outside. Let us know if any of this works. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, gotta lubricate the rails whenever you open the door pannel. The cold climate is horrible on power windows.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 PM

hey guys sorry i was busy all day working just got home!! well hmm i think im gonna take it to the storage where my brother stores his S2000 its right down the block so ill check it up there...leave it there for maybe the night or so and then in the morning ill check it out...hmm for the water thing jvegas i think im gonna pass :S...im kinda scared to pull the window all the way down and its not gonna come back up...that would suck so bad loll ill give you an update or if you guys want to ill try to video the window with my cellphone and put it on youtube so you guys could see what i mean by its going up in a weird way....

i love this website <3 and the people loll

Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

If you read the owners manual, there is something in there about ICE mode for the windows. It allows you to overide the blockage. So if there is ice stopping it, it will apply full current to the motor to break the ice.
If it is not in the manual let me know and I will find the procedure.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 PM

kk ill check it out tonight or tomorow thx guys for the help really appreciate it

Old 02-16-2008, 12:06 PM

Mustapha i check for ICE mode its really overriding the anti trap mode. see below;[align=left]To override the anti-trap action:[/align][align=left]• After the initial attempt to close the window, operate the[/align][align=left]close switch a second time.[/align][align=left]• When the window has reversed from the blockage, operate[/align][align=left]the switch (within 10 seconds) until the window stops again[/align][align=left](it will not reverse on the third attempt).[/align][align=left]• Immediately operate the close switch again. The window[/align][align=left]will now move up a short distance with increased force to[/align][align=left]override the blockage.[/align][align=left]• Repeat the override action until the window has closed.[/align][align=left]Each time the window stops, the switch must be operated[/align][align=left]immediately to initiate further override action.[/align][align=left]If this procedure fails to move the blockage, the anti-trap[/align][align=left]feature will be lost and must be reset (see first column) after the[/align][align=left]blockage has been cleared.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]hop that helps[/align]

Old 02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Nice find housegroove...any update?

Old 02-17-2008, 11:28 AM

alright guys so here's where im at loll....i went to the storage of my brother's car and i got there and im like can i store my car for like 1 night ill pay you and ill pick it up in the morning...the guy comes to me and says you cant you have to have a contract for the whole winter bla bla bla all that bullcrap for car storage that we have here in Canada...anywayss so i tried playing with it today it wasnt that cold outside i think it was like -6 or something and im guessing that the window is out of it tracks...do you guys think there is a way to see inside the door panel so i can just put it back on track or something ?? or i should'nt do that...?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

-6 is cold!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that sucks man lol.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

Did you try the override that hgroove suggested?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:00 AM

yeah tried it...guess ima save up till summer time and repair the window...not much i can do now loll... thanks guys for the info appreciate it ! and -6 i go outside with shorts hahahaha :P when it gets to 0 here its summer if your in winter !

Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah -6 is cold! I'll go out in shorts at 30 and tshirt at 45 but 0 is kind of cold for me! I can't wait for the 70 degree winters in Texas in a couple of weeks!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 PM

haha i wish i had these weather here !!! damnn canada im moving out :P

Old 02-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Any update on the window?

Quick Reply: Window problem on my x :(