X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB Parts, new, used, or recommended

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Parts, new, used, or recommended

So I'm surprised there's not sticky for aftermarket parts or interchanges.

I need the following:

1. Front Camber kit
2. Replacment key, (only have one and remote doesn't work).
3. Need help with engine codes, engine banks lean.

I've been to Samuels Jaguar in Brighton, Ma and highly recommend. They squeezed me in because it was last day to get my sticker and they had to do surgery on the headlight to get it to work. For priority and custom service it was very fast and fairly priced. They did recommend a key maker, but it still costs $325! Let the bidding begin.

So far I've found these possibilties for the front camber:

SPC Performance Standard Series Ball Joints 67115 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

SPC Performance Adjustable Strut Mounts 81320 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

Old 03-25-2016, 06:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check rockauto.com for parts.
Ebay or Amazon is the best for a key blank and remote, will still have to get the key cut and FOB programed.
Samuels Jaguar should have been able to make another key for you.
There are people willing to help you with your codes but need to add your car info to your signature.

Last edited by chiefM; 03-25-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by chiefM
Check rockauto.com for parts.
Ebay or Amazon is the best for a key blank and remote, will still have to get the key cut and FOB programed.
Samuels Jaguar should have been able to make another key for you.
There are people willing to help you with your codes but need to add your car info to your signature.
Thanks, the codes are P0171, P0174, system too lean bank 1 and 2, no obvious vacuum leaks, hope my signature helps.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I searched and found this

With both your codes referring to a lean condition usually cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure, More can be found at the links below.

url]http://www.obd-codes.com/p0174[/url]
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Old 03-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

P0171 and P0174 are vacuum leaks and the easiest and simplest way to start is to change the IMT O rings, the brake booster hose with the check valve and the PCV breather hose. There are several tons worth of information on here about that if you do a quick search. Start there and see where you are at.

I would not use anything but MAF cleaner on the MAF sensor. Too great a chance of damaging it. The proper cleaner is very cheap and will last you a very long time.