Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-type 2.5 Benzin 2007 - stutter

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-type 2.5 Benzin 2007 - stutter

Hi,

The car stutters during acceleration over 2000 rpm. It accelerates then seems to stall and then for a second continues to accelerate and then seems to stall for another second resulting in a back and forth shake. When I let go of the gas it stops. The battery light is on half of the time.

I read many old threads with no clear solution to this and many frustrated owners. I am sure someone has had this and has managed to fix it since it appears to be not that uncommon. Please help.

-Alex

Old 06-20-2017, 11:27 AM

common guys 230 views from Jaguar owners someone surely knows this. Any hints are highly appreciated. The car was stuck 5 days with the local mechanic and its not fixed.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

How long has your battery light been on? Have you tried anything to rectify that? You might want to check the battery cables on that.

It sounds like your car is going into limp mode, where you cannot go above 3K RPMs. As for the stuttering, when was the last time you changed the fuel filter? Have you checked/changed the fuel pump? Does it feel like a misfire or like it is starved for fuel? Is your check engine light on? If so, can you have the codes read and post here? What have you tried so far to address this issue and how long has this condition been present.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:41 PM

Hi - Thanks for the reply. The car was bought 6 months ago so I cannot say much about part changes. Battery light is not always on only sometimes It was 5 days with a mechanic and he thought its the alternator unfortunately he was wrong. Misfires seem irregular I think, this has a rhythm to it so can we assume it's starving for fuel perhaps? I tried higher octane fuel which helped a tiny bit. Overall the problem has gotten worse with time as now I get this stutter even at 1500 rpm. Below are the codes I got from the OBD2 tool, but they disappeared after a 5 min drive Nevertheless, here is the screenshot while they were there:

Old 06-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Old 06-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Based on your codes you might want to check/clean or replace your MAF sensor (P0102) and maybe check the wiring on the connector. Might also want to do the same on your IAT (P0112) and ECT sensor (P0117) and then go from there. That is what the codes are pointing to. The P0430 is for the catalytic converter, but the other codes might be triggering that, so maybe address those first.

Just what did your mechanics look at? Were they just looking at the battery issue or also the misfire as well? Did they change any parts? If so, what? What was their final diagnosis or did they just throw up their hands and say they were stumped? You might wnat to go to a different mechanic for a second opinion.

Have you/they checked your battery cables? Are either of them very hot when you run the car? Have you confirmed that your battery is good? Was a load test done on it? A number of strange codes can pop up if the voltage is not within tolerance.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi again and thanks for the reply - it's solved (almost) As I was checking the MOF, I checked a few other cables. The minus terminal from the battery to the body of the car is connected with a bolt under the fuse-box. That bolt was very loose. Tightened it and voila, works like a charm. Still it does it at very high revs (slihtly over 5000 rpm) but that's probably because I could not tighten the bolt enough because its in a bad spot. I will remove the fuse-box clean and tighten and probably even change the bolt.

Thanks again and good luck.

Last edited by Jaguar0222; 06-23-2017 at 02:49 PM.