Default RE: X-Type Dashboard Mods??

"the disgusting wood dashboard"?!?

er...real maple is disgusting?

a jaguar interior is not like an audi or a lamborghini, it has a long
tradition of real wood behind it.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's different wood kits, carbon kits, etc. Just do some internet research!! Its out there...

Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  4.6 KB

Errr the "digusting wood dashboard" has been a feature of Jags for many years! It may not necessarily be to everyones taste, but its part of the product.
If you still want to buy an X and mod the dashboard? Well, I think I saw someone, probably with the same idea as you, do it. I believe it was with stainless steel checker plate and that WAS disgusting!
As for any other dashboard mods, I believe they're all based on wood, so sorry, can't help on that one.

Jim

Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THAT?...J/k, I know it must be taste thing! I personally love the paper maker trim, but I guess you do whatever floats your boat. Fugly Aluminum or Pretty wood<<<Click There. I think that's pretty cheap too, so watch out for quality craftsmanship. Might be crappy!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

If we talk about a Jaguar woods and leather are must !
I think you are referring to what an XJR wood trim looks but don't like blackish

Old 03-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok....what the heck...you would prefer real plastic over the real fake wood?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

No wayyyyyy!!!!!

Old 03-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

lol

Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Plastic, carbon, aluminum - it wouldn't matter - whenever I get in the Jag, there'd still be wood!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah no doubt. I like the carbon fiber look on the new 07 x-types, but I don't know i'd like them more than the wood! Hey ono look on jaguar.com and look at the 07 x interior. Its carbon fiber looking and it looks alright but if you get one of those gaudy kits you are seriously an idiot. Possibly one of those kids that gets a honda civic and puts a coffee can thinking it makes people like it. Not trying to be mean-for real though- i'm really not trying to be mean but those kids look like ****!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL

Wood is what makes it a jag...

Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

the wood is traditional, although I do like jaguar's new interiors alot

Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a Volvo with a factory installed carbon-fiber dash. I got used to it, but never really *liked* it, and that was one of the better carbon fiber surfaces that I ever saw. It just didn't go with the tan leather interior of that car. Maybe with a black interior, like my Jag.

Still, I'm with the wood fans on this thread. What I would really like to do is add *identical* wood grain to the center console, but I suspect that it will be impossible to perfectly match the factory dash and door wood inserts. Anybody have any sources on a console set like that? Does the dealership have anything like that?

And for that matter, is there a color code that I can identify somewhere, or were all of the wood grain colors the same in the North American market in my model/year?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Talking

Carbon look or actually carbon (it's real right?)
It looks damn fine with the black leather interior on my Sport Premium.
Would of had wood though, can't say it was a major reason behind my purchase

though the 18" split rims were.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by rothe
I had a Volvo with a factory installed carbon-fiber dash. I got used to it, but never really *liked* it, and that was one of the better carbon fiber surfaces that I ever saw. It just didn't go with the tan leather interior of that car. Maybe with a black interior, like my Jag.

Still, I'm with the wood fans on this thread. What I would really like to do is add *identical* wood grain to the center console, but I suspect that it will be impossible to perfectly match the factory dash and door wood inserts. Anybody have any sources on a console set like that? Does the dealership have anything like that?

And for that matter, is there a color code that I can identify somewhere, or were all of the wood grain colors the same in the North American market in my model/year?
I totally lucked out and found a center console and various trim pieces kit that matched my birds eye maple incredibly well. I can tell the difference but nobody else notices. I had a friend guess at what was stock and what was the kit and he couldn't pick one or the other consistently from piece to piece.

I picked up this kit about 5 years ago, just happened to spy in on ebay, it was a custom made kit for a guy who ended up not wanting it. So I can't tell you where to get another one.

Jaguar should have put wood on that center console to start with.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wood and leather is always classy and prestigious. Why would you want a carbon or plastic on a Jag? Looks cheap - I cant even imagine that on my X. Everyone that gets into my car is just impressed and they say the same thing - "This is very fancy"

Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got a Piano Black finish on my wood and the center console.. It's actually a work in progress, I need to do the steering wheel and I'll be done then I'll post up the pics.

Night and day difference between how the interior looked stock and how it looks now with a black headliner and the piano black wood (rest of the interior is gray leather).

The 07+ faux carbon fiber is gross. Anything that is carbon fiber "look" instead of the real thing is useless.

Last edited by ufoz8mycow; 06-30-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM

I was going to suggest Piano black one (UFO has it) saw a few of these when I was shopping for my X type. I prefer the birds-eye Maple.

Google x type piano black or look on ebay I have seen them on there too in the UK anyway.

People can correct me if I am wrong but I read somewhere that you have to be very careful with the one over the passenger airbag. Airbags are quite sensitive.

The wood however dated you may think it is, is part of the Jags identity. To say its disgusting is a bit harsh. Not to your taste would have been more polite.

Quick Reply: X-Type Dashboard Mods??